4th Assault (Clan Star Adder)
The 4th Assault Cluster is a frontline Clan Star Adders formation.
The 4th Assault part of Star Adder's rebuilt Beta Galaxy, which participated in the initial assault against Clan Blood Spirits' world of York in 3062. Since forming with rest of its parent Galaxy, the unit fought off attempts by Spirits to regain southern reaches Boques continent Beta had claimed for the Clan. As with rest of the Galaxy, it has seen considerable amount cycling of new warriors going through the unit.
On 15 July of 3069, the 4th Assault was deployed in a Star Adder attempt disable a Delphyne ProtoMech factory of Clan Fire Mandrill on York by destroying its hydroelectric power plants. The target was defended by Clan Blood Spirit's 17th Crimson Guards (Tau Provisional Galaxy (Clan Blood Spirit)) in Trial of Possession for the facility, who prevented the Adders from inflicting critical damage.
- 4th Assault Cluster - CO: Star Colonel Andrea Guidice
Unit Note: The 4th is considered to be Veteran unit, with Fanatical loyality to the Clan. Stationed on York as of 3067, the unit consists of 96 percent Clan technology, while rest of it has mixture of Star League and less technology grade equipment.
The 4th Assault first appeared in Field Manual: Upates, as of this writing its unclear if the Cluster is a completely new unit or a rebuilt one which was part of old Beta Galaxy that was devastated by Burrock Absorption. There is little information regarding unit's background.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 51-52 - Beta Galaxy's reconsitution consides with appearance of the 4th Assault.
- Field Manual: Updates pp. 50-51, 73 - 4th Assault's information as of 3067. Unit did not exist prior to 3062.
- BattleCorps_Scenarios Rivers of Blood scenario, - 4th Assault noted in participating ToP for Fire Mandrill's ProtoMech factory.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 37 - Unit's Commanding Officer noted.
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 73 - Beta Galaxy/4th Assault Cluster - Unit technology level, status etc.