55th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Ghost Bear)
The Fifty-fifth Provisional Garrison Cluster was transferred to Kappa Galaxy in the Dark Age. They were stationed on Trondheim in 3100 when the 5th Sword of Light landed on the world. The elite DCMS unit outnumbered the Fifty-fifth six to one, and quickly destroyed the Clan unit.
|Commanding Officers of the 55th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Clan Ghost Bear)|
|Commanding Officers of the 55th Provisional Garrison Cluster (Ghost Bear Dominion)|
|Galaxy Commander||Kedric Gilmour||3061|
Trained in coordinated attacks.
- In common with every other unit in the Clan Ghost Bear touman at this point in time, the units within the Fifty-fifth PGC receive a +1 modifier to any dice roll on Random Weight-Class tables to determine Star or Binary/Trinary type.
- When units from the Fifty-fifth PGC are the defenders, the attacking force has two choices: to bargain for safcon, or to attack, with different rules coming into play based on the chosen option:
- If the attacker bargains for safcon, the Fifty-fifth PGC player chooses which edge of the map will be his home edge first.
- If the attacker bargains for safcon, the Fifty-fifth PGC player wins Initiative automatically in the first turn, and receives a +1 Bonus to Initiative rolls for the remainder of the game.
- If the attacker elects to attack, 2d6 is rolled for each attacking unit. On a roll of 12, that unit is destroyed. On a roll of 2, that unit suffers 2d6 damage allocated in 5-point clusters.
- If the attacker is arriving via a combat drop, he may not request safcon. Instead of rolling for potential damage as described above, the attacker must apply a +2 modifier to the landing roll target number for each dropping unit.
- Historical: Wars of the Republic Era, p. 33
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 180, "Clan Ghost Bear"
- Field Manual: Warden Clans, p. 181, "Fifty-fifth PGC"