7th Fleet (SLDF)
The Seventh Fleet was aerospace-based combat formation which was part of the Star League Defense Force Naval Command. An Independent formation with high concentration of of WarShips and other smaller types of aerospace units.
The Seventh Fleet was assigned to the Free Worlds League region of the Star League prior to the New Vandenberg Uprising, with the Recon and Interdiction Squadrons operating as two-ship formations scattered throughout the Free Worlds while the Line and Escort Squadrons continued to operate as discrete squadron formations. The Seventh Fleet was ordered to deploy into the Magistracy of Canopus following the Periphery Uprising, but the highly distributed nature of the Seventh made it slow to reform, and as a result it would be almost three months before the Seventh actually arrived in Magistracy space.
In 2765 the Seventh was one of the lightest fleets available to the SLDF. Many of their heavier ships had been reassigned to other fleets to make up losses, and the replacements they received were lighter tonnage designs. Cruisers were replaced with Destroyers, for example. The dispersed postings of Seventh Fleet allowed it to cover most of its operational area, but there were concerns over the Seventh's ability to support the Tenth Army if problems developed.
|Commanding Officers of the 7th Fleet|
|Admiral||Janos Grec||2770 - 2772|
The Sixth Fleet was comprised of four active squadrons immediately prior to the Amaris Civil War:
- 71st Line Squadron (Final Countdown)
- CO: Vice Admiral Nicole Jansen
- 72nd Escort Squadron (The Black-sea Lampreys)
- CO: Vice Admiral Brittney Kennedy
- 73rd Interdiction Squadron (The Princesses of Requiem)
- CO: Vice Admiral Fabian Kidman
- 74th Reconnaissance Squadron (Hisaishi's Opticans)
- CO: Vice Admiral Rear Admiral Antony Hisaishi
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 47, "Seventh Fleet"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p103 - "Seventh Fleet Profile in SLDF - mentioning what it is and what consists of."
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 102
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 16, "Janos Grec"