Gamma Sagittarius(Redirected from Alnasi)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
|Alnasl (Gamma Sagittarius)|
Alnasi nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||2.838 : 116.017[e]|
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (Bherin, Kalil, Parada)|
|Equatorial temperature||47° C|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Eleanor Neubermann, Governor (3130)|
Victor Kressler, Legate (3130)
First Succession WarEdit
Alnasl was conquered by the Draconis Combine between 2786 and 2790, one of seven worlds to be captured in attacks that had frequently begun as raids, as the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces began to crack under the pressure of continuing efforts to annex the Bolan Thumb while also attempting to maintain a defensive posture against both the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery and the Free Worlds League Military.
War of 3039Edit
Alnasl was among the first worlds invaded in the War of 3039, attacked during the First Wave by the First Argyle Lancers and the Twenty-sixth Lyran Guards under the command of General Woodruff Patterson. The world was important for its mineral wealth and its location along the main communication route from Buckminster, although it was only defended by the Alnasi Militia. While he was dismissive of the Militia's ability to halt his attack, General Patterson had no intention of underestimating them and so planned a lightning campaign to defeat the garrison forces quickly. On the 15th of April the two LCAF units made their jump into the system using a pirate jump point, cutting the normal seventeen-day travel time to just two and allowing for a quick landing on the surface of the planet. Caught off-guard by the attack, orbital military and industrial facilities quickly surrendered after perfunctory resistance and the Militia could do little as pathfinders from the Twenty-sixth secured the airport at Viro to serve as a landing zone and base of operations. Rather than waste his unit throwing themselves against overwhelming numbers, the DCMS 'Mech company commander Tai-i Stephen Dauphin ordered his unit to go to ground and conduct guerrilla warfare against the invaders while the rest of the Militia sought to protect the capital Gantarius. While this slowed down the offensive, by the 25th of April the encirclement of the capital was complete and most Militia forces agreed to surrender.
However it wasn't until the middle of May, when the last of the surviving DCMS 'Mech company was finally defeated, that the world was judged secured. Despite the declaration of victory and the planet's new status as a protectorate of the Commonwealth, a low-level guerrilla campaign continued to harass the occupiers. Lyran intelligence failed to locate several key DCMS and ISF agents who initiated acts of sabotage and civil disobedience which undermined attempts at exerting Commonwealth authority. The situation was further worsened when the Argyle Lancers were relocated in preparation for the Second Wave. The Lyran Guards were therefore left to try and pacify the hostile populace by themselves, and by July the unit was already experiencing severe supply problems.
On 22 July a Kuritan counter-attack force consisting of the Sixth Alshain Regulars and First Sun Zhang Cadre jumped into the system using the same pirate point that the Lyrans had used earlier. They were met in high orbit by the Lyran Guards' aerospace wing, which succeed only in inflicting minor damage to a couple of transports before being repulsed. On 24 July Combine forces made planetfall some 250 kilometers west of Gantarius and were immediately attacked by a reinforced battalion of 'Mechs from the Twenty-sixth. The Guards were caught off-guard however by the number of unfamiliar 'Mech designs the Regulars responded with and the ferocity of their counter-attack; the attack was called off after just thirty minutes with the loss of almost two lances. Later that night the Guards conducted an air raid which damaged the Sun Zhang Cadre headquarters to minimal effect. When another air raid was conducted on 26 July they were met with increased anti-aircraft fire, from which only a single lance of the entire squadron returned.
On 29 July the Alshain Regulars made their move towards Gantarius, launching probing attacks to test the Lyrans' defenses around the capital. Concurrently the Sun Zhang Cadre began their attack on the city from the northeast; the unit had conducted a forced march overnight in order to get into position. Surprise was lost however when the unit ran into a Lyran patrol which radioed their position before being overrun, and they were met by a hastily repositioned armor battalion which inflicted serious casualties. Still, with attacks coming in on multiple fronts and a hostile population to contend with, General Patterson was forced on 30 July to order his forces to withdraw deeper into the city. The main assault by the Alshain Regulars began and partisan attacks increased dramatically during the first week of August, but the Twenty-sixth managed to repulse successive attacks by the Regulars and was in good position to hold out for several months. On 6 August a suicide truck bomb killed General Patterson and much of his command staff, dealing a fatal blow from which the Twenty-sixth was in danger of collapsing. The highest-ranking surviving senior officer, Colonel Joy Corelli, assumed command of the RCT two days later and ordered a general retreat which was completed by 11 August. Exhausted from the battle, the surviving Kurtian forces allowed the Lyrans to escape off-world.
In response to the raids and assaults on worlds within the Word of Blake Protectorate, the Blakists launched raiding parties against various worlds around the Protectorate border in early September 3076. Making use of weapons of mass destruction to augment the damage inflicting, the raiding parties - few of which were larger than a single Level III - struck at the worlds of Algorab, Alnasl, Amity, Bordon, Connaught, Hunan, Kessel, New Hessen, New Kyoto, Ronel, St. Andre, Styk, Tsitsang and Wei. Of the worlds hit, those affiliated with the Capellan Confederation took the brunt of the fighting.
- 2319 - Independent world 
- 2341 - Independent world 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2790 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent World 
- 3145 - Rasalhague Dominion 
- - At this point in time the 17th operating at 30% of full strength, with 80% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - The Crater Cobras operating at 45% of full strength, with 70% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
| Closest 52 systems (51 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 1
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 6 "Prefecture I"
- First Succession War, p. 61, "The War of Raids: House Steiner's Succession War"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 28
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 70
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding" - 2319
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth at their founding in "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War - 2864"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War - 3025"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), Lyran Commonwealth Map 
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War - 3030"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 - 3040"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL - 3052"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War - 3067"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 137, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 8, "Benjamin Regulars Regimental Status"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 20, "Irregular Forces"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 173, "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- Field Report: LAAF
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere