|Armor||Airframe Pattern 2841 Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Khan-series (Type 2)|
|Targeting Tracking System||Mark 11 IHADS|
|BV (1.0)|| 1,224|
The Anhur is based upon the Star League era Cobra Transport VTOL. It was intended as a planetside means of hauling supplies brought by DropShip to frontline units. Though DropShips can and do perform this function, they are inefficient in an atmosphere and awkward in many of the situations which confront troops in a planetary environment. VTOLs like the Anhur offer a much more flexible means of delivering the goods. The machine can carry seven tons of supplies in its cargo bay.
It can be used as an infantry assault transport, though few Clan units operate the machine in this capacity. Protected by three tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, the Anhur is tough enough to get close to the fighting. Even so, the vehicle must rely on its turn of speed for its primary defense.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Although the Anhur is not a combat design, it is equipped for self-defense with a trio of medium lasers. In a chin mount are paired a Series 2f ER Medium Laser and a Kolibri Delta Series Medium Pulse Laser. A second pulse laser fires towards to the rear.
This armament is meant to counter minor threats and clear contested landing zones. It is not much use against 'Mechs or other heavy, frontline combat units. The Anhur's three tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor make it less fragile than most VTOLs, but it is best deployed well clear of heavy fighting.
- Anhur Transport BA
- This Jihad-era attack transport variant features a revised payload and armament configuration. The cargo bay is adapted to carry infantry, and enlarged to have a ten tons capacity. An ECM Suite is included to provide a measure of electronic cover. An ER Medium Laser and an AP Gauss Rifle are mounted firing forward, and a second pair faces to the rear. The two AP-Gs share a single ton of ammo, giving each twenty rounds. BV (2.0) = 647
- Anhur P-Stealth
- Developed by two Dark Caste members for raiding the Clans, the Anhur P-Stealth is a unique VTOL that combines Inner Sphere and Clan technologies to deadly effect. Using Vehicle Stealth Armor and a Guardian ECM Suite from the Inner Sphere to increase protection, the Anhur P-Stealth trades the standard weaponry for two Clan-built LRM-15s and a single ton of ammunition. The cargo capacity of the Anhur P-Stealth is reduced to five and a half tons, but this is an acceptable trade for improved survivability against the Clans. BV (2.0) = 930.
- MUL online date for the Anhur
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 26
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 44-45, "Anhur VTOL Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 67
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 68
- Experimental Technical Readout: Pirates, p. 8, "Custom Profile"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 171, "Cobra Transport VTOL" - Anhur based on Cobra transports brought to Clan space by SLDF.