|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Star League MN-01|
|Communications System||Garret T19-G|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Aggressor Type 5|
Originally developed in the final year of the Amaris Civil War as the ultimate fixed position city defense BattleMech, the Annihilator was built as a sign of the military strength of both the Star League in Exile and the newly created Clans. The 100-ton 'Mech has a maximum speed of 32.4 km/h, making it one of the slowest 'Mechs ever designed together with the UrbanMech. It is by no means intended to use speed to outmaneuver an enemy, instead depending on its twelve and a half tons of armor to weather any fire that is directed at the 'Mech. Discontinued before the Clans' Golden Century, in one of their few missteps, the Wolf's Dragoons brought a number of unknown designs with them in 3009, raising more questions to their origins while at the same time adding to their mystique. It was exclusive to the Dragoons until the Jihad disseminated the design to Arc-Royal due to the strengthening of the relationship that Wolf's Dragoons forged with the Kell Hounds and Clan Wolf-in-Exile following their flight from Outreach.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Annihilator is armed with an arsenal that is built to instill fear in an enemy as much as damage them. The 'Mech is armed with four Mydron Excel LB-X Autocannon/10s as its primary weapons. These can all fire either standard rounds or cluster rounds which act like 'Mech sized shotguns spreading damage out all over an enemy 'Mech. The 'Mech is also armed with four Magna 400P Medium Pulse Lasers, which allow the Annihilator to decimate any target which is able to make it through the devastating hail of fire and into close range combat.
- The actual variant that showed up with Wolf's Dragoons, the -1A was armed with four Autocannon/10s and four Medium Lasers. While less accurate and unable to use cluster rounds, the 1A was still a highly destructive and dangerous 'Mech that no MechWarrior looked forward to engaging. BV (1.0) = 1,151, BV (2.0) = 1,434
- The original model created in 2779 was equipped with a head-mounted Small Laser, four LB 10-X AC, a pair of Small Pulse Lasers, and four Medium Lasers. It carried six tons of LB 10-X ammunition, and the torsos were protected with CASE. Ten double heat sinks kept heat manageable. BV (2.0) = 1,926
- Developed by the Arc-Royal MechWorks, the Annihilator-2AX used nineteen tons of Laser Reflective Armor as protection. It also used several Armored Components to increase battlefield longevity (Sensors, Life Support, and Cockpit). The traditional weapons have been removed and replaced by a pair of Improved Heavy Gauss Rifles. CASE was installed in each torso to protect against Gauss rifle explosion. The ammunition for the Gauss rifles was located in the Annihilator's arms. BV (2.0) = 2,542
- This upgrade made use of double heat sinks and used the tonnage saved to max out the armor on the Annihilator. Offensively, four ER Medium Lasers and eight Light Autocannon/2s were incredibly accurate thanks to the inclusion of a Targeting Computer. Ample autocannon ammunition (five tons) allowed flexibility when choosing special munitions, making this 'Mech very effective against vehicles. To fit all this equipment, a Compact Engine and Compact Gyro are mounted in the center torso. The 'Mech is protected by Light Ferro Fibrous armor and CASE. BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = 1,712
- More closely in line with the traditional Annihilator, the 4A carried two LB-X Autocannon/10s from the 2A, but removed two to make room for a pair of Heavy PPCs. Two Light Autocannon/2s from the 3A provide defense against conventional troops. A Compact Gyro freed up enough room for fifteen double heat sinks that kept heat from being completely out of control. BV (1.0) = ?, BV (2.0) = 1,726
- Annihilator C
- A variant of the Annihilator that was built using only Clan technology and used exclusively by the Wolf's Dragoons, the Annihilator C increased its maximum speed to 54 kph. The 'Mech was armed with four Ultra Autocannon/10s and four ER Medium Lasers. The Ultra Autocannon/10s allowed the 'Mech to fire at twice the rate of a normal autocannon, allowing it to put as much fire out as if it was carrying eight regular autocannons. BV (1.0) = 2,005, BV (2.0) = 2,520
- Annihilator C2
- Apparently based on the ANH-1G, this variant only uses Clan technology. The 'Mech's top speed was 32.4 km/h and the armor protection was reduced, but four Gauss Rifles backed up by an ER PPC in the center torso and a head mounted ER Small Laser provided withering firepower for defensive engagements. Ten tons of ammunition kept the Gauss Rifles fed through the longest engagements. To make room for all these weapons, the C2 used an Endo Steel internal structure. Integrated CASE protected the arms and torsos from Gauss Rifle explosions. BV (2.0) = 2,722
- Annihilator Bryan "Gausszilla"
- Apparently based on the Annihilator C2, this customized variant carried a fifth Gauss Rifle in addition to the standard Gauss Rifle layout, with altogether only eight tons of ammunition. It was the customized personal 'Mech of early 29th century Clan Ghost Bear Star Colonel Bryan Kabrinski, and apparently a unique modification given the note (as of 3074) that the 'Mech was "lost to history". Known as "Gausszilla" in its time, it is obviously a nod to the somewhat famous non-canonical Gausszilla design by Bryan Nystul but it should be noted that it is indeed a slightly different design: It has 14 tons of armor (instead of 11.5), double heat sinks (instead of regular heat sinks), less ammunition (8 instead of 9 tons), and no secondary weapons. BV (2.0) = 2, 455
These variants were introduced in various apocryphal sources, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
From MechWarrior Online:
- Using the newest technology available at the end of the FedCom Civil War, a 300 rated Light Fusion Engine gives the -1P average speed for an assault 'Mech. A Rotary AC/2 and Rotary AC/5 in each arm provides devastating firepower, in the event the 2 tons of RAC/2 and 3 tons of RAC/5 ammo run dry, 4 Medium Lasers split among the side torsos and a center torso-mounted Snub-Nose PPC allows the -1P to continue providing fire support. 16 double heat sinks provide adequate dissipation.
- Mean Baby
- Possibly a modified ANH-1E, the Mean Baby upgrades the engine to a 300 rated XL Engine. The arm mounted lasers are removed, one of the two center-torso lasers are moved to the head and both are upgraded to ER Medium Lasers. If an enemy manages to close the distance, 4 Streak SRM-6s with 5 tons of ammo provide a devastating close-range punch, with fifteen and a half tons of armor providing adequate defense. Sixteen double heat sinks are hard-pressed to dissipate all the waste heat, so care must taken when firing the weapons.
In German products the unit's proper name was translated to Vernichter. The model code was accordingly changed to VRN-1R.
- MUL online date for the Annihilator
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 107
- Wolf's Dragoons, p. 101
- Operational Turning Points: Death to Mercenaries, p. 31
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 54
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 53
- Experimental Technical Readout: Mercs, p. 6
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere), p. 271
- Combat Operations, p. 108
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 155
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 55
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 56
- Operation Klondike, p. 173
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 57
- Experimental Technical Readout: Mercs, pp. 7, 20
- MechWarrior Online - Civil War mech pack Sale Page
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Battlemech Quirk Table - Annihilator Entry.
- BattleMech Manual
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: Mercs
- Historical: Operation Klondike
- Operational Turning Points: Death to Mercenaries
- Record Sheets: 3050
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Clan & Star League)
- Record Sheets: 3050 Upgrade (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: Operation Klondike
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3050
- Technical Readout: 3050 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)
- Mechwarrior Online - Civil War 'Mech pack Sale Page