|Type (Shape)||Military Aerodyne|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere Standard|
|Armament|| 2 x Large Lasers |
2 x LRM 10s
2 x SRM 6
4 x Medium Lasers (2 rear)
|BV (2.0)|| 2,510|
The Aquarius was first introduced into service in 2515, after the success of its older counterpart, the Lyonesse. It is a large small craft designed to escort spacecraft from a planet's surface to orbiting WarShips or space stations.
Despite having a limited fuel capacity, the ship has been given balanced firepower and heavy armor that rivals many DropShips and Aerospace fighters. The Aquarius was a highly sought out craft for its time.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The ship's principal weaponry includes a pair of Long Range Missile launchers with 2 tons of ammunition. The launchers are augmented by a pair of large lasers for medium range targets. The craft has a Six-tube Short-Range Launcher and medium laser in each wing section. To protect the craft's aft, it has been given an additional two medium lasers.
The ship's fusion engine has been given a maximum thrust of 6, with six tons of fuel.
- A Jihad era variant, the Marik variant replaces all its lasers with Extended-Range models. The ship is given a larger engine to improve the craft's speed. BV (2.0) = 2,568
- Aquarius W1
- This is a Word of Blake variant that was produced in the early years of the Jihad. The Aquarius is changed from an escort craft to a mobile artillery battery, using Arrow IV artillery missiles launcher while grounded. The Blakist variant's armor type is changed out for Ferro-Aluminum while still maintaining the same armor protection. Also the ship's engine is altered to increase the ship's speed. BV (2.0) = 2,698
Related Aerospace Small CraftEdit
Originally published in the Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, the Aquarius' maximum thrust was listed as 8 instead of the 6 listed in later Technical Readout: 3075. The general rule of Catalyst Game Labs cites new publications trumps older one, this case the older thrust ratio is changed.
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 268, "Aquarius & Lyonesse"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 183
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 184
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 185