|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Star League NCX|
|Communications System||Raldon R1 w/ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dalban Hirez II|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Arbalest was first used during the Word of Blake's Jihad as Clan Nova Cat sought to improve its second-line forces. The head mounted ECM Suite was very good at disrupting Blakist targeting and communication networks. Its long-range firepower makes up for its relatively slow speed. To maximize productivity the Nova Cat engineers used less-expensive components that were available in the Inner Sphere. A standard engine, standard internal structure, and basic armor allowed the Cats to produce the 'Mech in large numbers. The Arbalest is manufactured on the Nova Cat's enclave capital Irece in the Draconis Combine and can be found throughout the post-Jihad Inner Sphere.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Arbalest is a light 'Mech capable of engaging an enemy at long range. The 'Mech uses its twin Mk.46 Type II LRM 10 launchers to keep an enemy at range. The Arbalest is capable of defending itself at short range with its pair of Series 2a Mk. 5 ER Medium Lasers.
- Arbalest 3
- This variation of the standard Arbalest developed in 3081 focuses on improving the capabilities of the 'Mech by using Ferro-Fibrous Armor to increase protection. The Arbalest 3 also replaces the ECM Suite with an extra ton of armor to increase protection further. The two arm mounted lasers are swapped out for a pair of ER Small Lasers. BV (2.0) = 921
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 142-143, "Arbalest"
- MUL online entry for the Arbalest
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 36
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 39
- MUL online entry for the Arbalest 2 variant
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 37
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 199
- MUL online entry for the Arbalest 3 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 200
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 BattleMech Quirk Table - Arbalest Entry.