Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Bjarred nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||243.394 : 408.678[e]|
|Recharge time||175 hours|
The Bjarred system was located near the New Sarum and Sawyer systems and consists of a class F4V primary orbited by at least five planets. A recharge station was in place at the nadir jump point during the thirty-first century.
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||25°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||15% Amphibian|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3067 - 3079|
|Ruler|| Yoshimas Drebbly, Earl of Bjarred (3025)|
District Governor, Lynette Yokoshima-Stuart (3067)
|Population|| 890,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Nelson Dewers)|
Bjarred V - more commonly known simply as Bjarred - is the fifth planet in the Bjarred system and served for many years as a Prefecture capital within the Pesht Military District of the Draconis Combine. Bjarred has a single moon named Bereich.
Bjarred was first settled in the twenty-third century by explorers from the Ozawa Mercantile Association, whom had come to exploit the world's mineral riches. In time the planet became the home of many industries, but only the Deep Ores Company survived to the end of the Third Succession War.
By 3025, the world was protected by a Battalion of the Fourth Pesht Regulars. Their main opponent was the many bandits that lived in the mountains who periodically raided the Deep Ores' facilities for supplies. But, there was another conflict brewing on Bjarred. For years, the Deep Ore Company had been paying bribes to the planet's chairman to keep other companies from setting up on Bjarred. However, when the Chairman began asking for higher payments, the company's then chief operating officer, Melissa Ozawa, decided to stop paying. She was willing to risk any on-world competition as she believed that Deep Ores was now strong enough to stand on its own feet without government intervention.
During the first wave of the Clan Invasion, the planet was conquered by Clan Smoke Jaguar in March 3050. Several units of the Jaguar Grenadiers - First Trinary Battle, Trinary Striker, and Binary Elemental - faced off against the First and Second Bjarred Armored Regiments, heavy armor units supported by infantry. An elaborate ambush was set up by the defenders on Donrad Hill, seeding the area with deadly Vibrabombs. Unfortunately their trap was discovered when the Point Commander of an Elemental Point triggered one of the explosives, alerting the Smoke Jaguars to the danger and allowing Binary Elemental to sweep the area and disable the rest of the mines. Their trap discovered the Bjarred Armored Regiments decided to retreat to Bird's Roost, a crumbling Castle Brian dating back to the days of the Star League. This forced the Smoke Jaguars to pursue the defenders through the aging structure's maze of tunnels, and while Trinary Strike suffered significant casualties when part of the castle wall collapsed on top of it, they were successful in flushing the defenders out and destroying them.
During the fifth wave of the invasion, as part of an agreement between the two Clans ownership of Bjarred passed on to Clan Nova Cat in November of 3051. At the time, the planet had no regular military forces defending it. The Nova Cat Keshik, lead by Khan Severen Leroux, had AeroSpace Fighters scout the world for resistance forces, but none were found. Clan Nova Cat assigned a Provisional Garrison Cluster and moved on to further conquests. Only then did Bjarred's resistance forces reveal themselves to strike back against the invaders. Named the Free Bjarred League, these resistance fighters waged a guerrilla war against the Nova Cats from the Decony Plains. By using the extensive underground tunnels and water ways as a base and to disguise their movement, they were successful in eluding the garrison forces until the Nova Cats discovered the Decony Waterway's themselves. However, instead of destroying the League, the Clan garrison engaged in negotiations with the rebels by order of Nova Cat's Khan in a bid for a peaceful resolution.
In the Second Wave of Operation BULLDOG in 3059, Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery forces issued a Trial of Possession against the Nova Cats for control of Bjarred. The "Trial" for this world was decided by a coin toss where the world's Nova Cat commander, Star Colonel Olivia Drummond of the 189th Striker Cluster called "edge" to Sixth Ghost Regiment's Tai-sa Katherine Oltion's flipping a newly minted Star League Coin.
FedCom Civil WarEdit
By the time Bjarred returned to Combine control, the Ozawa presence on Bjarred - and with it, the last of the Ozawa line - had been wiped out. A corporate changeover within Deep Ores and its parent company, Metals of the Earth, had given both a degree of discrete distance from their previous, highly corrupt owners. Bjarred had suffered relatively little hardship during its occupation, other than the products of its industry being rerouted to the Smoke Jaguar facilities within the Occupation Zone, and the apparently docile nature of the population under Clan rule led the ISF to question if Bjarred was worth of regaining its previous status as a Prefecture capital. Fortunately for the inhabitants, evidence showed that the population had been passively resisting; the resources shipped to the Jaguars had been both smaller in quantity and inferior in quality to those exported prior to Bjarred's occupation. More significantly, refined and finished products were demonstrated to have been deliberately manufactured with numerous weak spots and defects, resulting in increased breakdowns and failures in equipment that used any of them.
When this was brought to his attention, Coordinator Theodore Kurita applauded the inhabitants of Bjarred for their dedication to the Combine, rewarding them with an extra week of celebrations during the official reinstatement of Bjarred as the local Prefecture capital. With many citizens relocating from the Irece Prefecture, Bjarred was declared to be one of three official destination worlds for those emigrating from the new Nova Cat holdings. This resulted in Bjarred's economy growing rapidly until it was an economic powerhouse within the Pesht Military District.
- Ca. 2300 - Ozawa Mercantile Association 
- 2319 - No record 
- 2571 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2786 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine  / Clan Smoke Jaguar (from March)
- 3051 - Clan Nova Cat (from November)
- 3052 - Clan Nova Cat 
- 3057 - Clan Nova Cat 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Draconis Combine 
- 3085 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Draconis Combine 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
- Chairman Yoshimas Drebbly, Earl of Bjarred
- Ninth Pesht Regulars
- Tenth Pesht Regulars
- - In 3079 the 10th Pesht Regulars were deployed across Schwartz, Bjarred and Tarnby. The 10th was at 75% of full strength, with 85% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time the 1st Amphigean were deployed across Bjarred and Salford. The 1st was at 75% of full strength, with 88% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Bjarred is a small world with little open water on its surface. What water the world possesses is underground running through vast catacombs. The surface vegetation mostly crisscrosses the world in ribbons as the plants follow the paths of these underground water ways. The world's many mountain ranges are barren in regards to life, but are rich is valuable minerals and metals.
- Bird's Roost: A Castle Brian constructed during the Star League era but reduced to a decaying ruin by the thirty-first century. Site of a battle between militia forces and Clan Smoke Jaguar during Operation REVIVAL.
- Decony Plains: These plains are the home of an extensive track of underground caverns and waterways.
- Donrad Hill: the site of a battle between militia forces and Clan Smoke Jaguar during Operation REVIVAL.
- Icefall: A small continent, Icefall received its name from an early attempt to provide colonists with water. A comet was redirected to the world with the hope that it would provide liquid water. Unfortunately the comet arrived with too much force and killed all the colonists. The crater from the comet strike still dominates the continent.
- Oasis V: the planetary capital city, and the location where the battalion of the 4th Pesht Regulars was stationed.
- Deep Ores Company - The world's only source of industry in 3025. The company continued to operate until the Clan Invasion where it fell under the control of Clan Nova Cat.
| Closest 20 systems (18 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 180, "Bjarred Planet Profile".
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 80, Bjarred"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 16, "Bjarred"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 180 "Bjarred"
- Invading Clans, p. 64
- Invading Clans, p. 118, Clan Nova Cat actions during Operation REVIVAL on Bjarred.
- The Dragon Roars, p. 24, "Second Wave: The Drive Forward" - Bjarred famous coin toss to decide ownership of the planet.
- Grave Covenant, p. ??, Event and units names given in novel.
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 4
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere - [October 3067] Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, Inner Sphere -  Map
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 137, "First Succession War Deployment Table - DCMS"
- Objective Raids, p. 63, "Unit Note"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 119, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 11, "Pesht Regulars Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 51, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- The Dragon Roars
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: DCMS
- First Succession War
- Grave Covenant (novel)
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Invading Clans
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Draconis Combine