|Manufacturer||Csesztreg Industriplex Alpha Annex|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Engine||240 Fusion Extralight|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unspecified|
|Heat Sinks||10  (Laser)|
Developed by Clan Hell's Horses in 3132, the Boreas is a experimental Heavy Class hybrid Quad BattleMech / Combat Vehicle known as a QuadVee. Created by Hell's Horses scientist, the Mech has the ability to transform itself from a tracked combat vehicle into a quadruped BattleMech, benefiting some of the best qualities of both. Developed at the Csesztreg Industriplex Alpha Annex on Csesztreg. The Boreas first of it's kind to be developed, it would be later by 3136 when production versions of the Quadvee would be fielded in combat for the first of it's kind that was built with Omni-Pods technology.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Boreas utilizes a Standard 240-Rated Fusion Engine move upward to 64 k/ph while it’s either Vehicle mode or in its BattleMech form. The vehicle is protected by 11.5 tons of armor, giving less than stellar armor for typical clan Battlemech.
A side its revolutionary conversion abilities, scientists also created a two-man cockpit. The cockpit is setup for pilot and gunner positions. This arrangement allows for the gunner can target multiple enemies with little trouble while pilot handles the Mech's movement. Unlike other quadruped Mechs, the Boreas's has a turret-like structured mounted on the main body. This allows all weapons mounted in this section to be aimed with any facing the gunner chooses. Should the vehicle's gyro be destroyed during combat, the vehicle can simply convert itself into vehicular form. It would also be able to be change into a mech should one of it's four tracks be rendered useless.
Built with the modularity of a OmniMech, this OmniQuadVee has twelve ton omni-pod capacity gives which gives some flexibility over later fix-configured Quadvees. In the Prime Configuration of the Boreas, mounts a single Extended Range Particle Projector Cannon, Medium Pulse Laser, and 6-tubed Streak Short-Range Missile launcher with single ton of ammunition.
- Alt. Config. C
- A generalist, this configuration allows the Boreas to attack from long range with it's ATM-12, or close in a use the missile launcher in concert with it's two ER Medium Lasers. Scientist's allowed this configuration to carry three tons of ammunition. BV(2.0)=1,502
- Alt. Config. D
- Heat burden configuration, this configuration mounts pair of Heavy Large Lasers in either side of it's turret like torso. Four additional Laser Heat Sinks are added as well. BV(2.0)=1,394
- Experimental Technical Readout: Republic, Volume 2, pp. 4-5, & 19-23 Boreas - All information on the Unit including Record Sheets.
- MUL Profile for the Boreas - BV2 and Introduction Year.
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 67
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 66
- MUL Profile of the Boreas A
- MUL Profile of the Boreas B
- MUL Profile of the Boreas C
- MUL Profile of the Boreas D
- MUL Profile for the Boreas - Alpha Strike Card Info.