|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Targeting Tracking System||Contraband|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Brigand is a BattleMech that is surrounded by a sea of controversy as it is the first 'Mech to be produced by a pirate band. Manufactured by a company named Vengeance Incorporated, which is run by the pirates of the Haven Star Cluster and "Lady Death" Trevaline, the Brigand represents an unprecedented threat because in spite of the fact that it is built by pirates, it uses advanced construction techniques and weapons. Prior to the Jihad most of the constructed Brigands were used in raids against the Taurian Concordat, the majority of the design with pirates operating out of the Haven Star Cluster with a few others in the forces of Vance Rezak's band, the Tortuga Fusiliers, Shen-sè Tian and Marcadia Brothers.
The success of the Brigand and the Tortuga Prime pirates drew the attention of the Word of Blake, who offered additional clandestine resources to improve and upgrade the capability and production of Vengeance Incorporated, spawning a number of new variants of the Brigand.  During Filtvelt Coalition's disastrous raid against Tortuga Prime in 3076, The Thumpers stumbled upon five highly advanced and deadly prototypes, the features of which were ultimately distilled into the LDT-5 variant that would continue to plague the Coalition and other nearbly Periphery realms following the Blakists fall.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Constructed from components either stolen or purchased via the black market, the Brigand is built on a contraband Endo Steel chassis and is powered by a GM 150 fusion engine that gives it a top speed of 97.2 km/h. The 'Mech's speed is augmented by six contraband jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to one hundred and eighty meters. For protection, the Brigand has four tons of Haven Cent armor, the only locally produced component. This meager protection is almost entirely on the front of the 'Mech, with the Brigand featuring less than half a ton to the rear, a specific request reportedly ordered by Lady Death Trevaline herself, to ensure her pirate MechWarriors would keep fighting and not retreat. 
Offensively, the Brigand carries a Diverse Optics ER Medium Laser in each arm for medium range combat, supported by two Sutel Precision Line Medium Pulse Lasers carried in its side torsos for close combat, stockpiles of these advanced weapon secured via a combination of theft and graft. Complimented by ten Double Heat Sinks, the 'Mech utilizes an arsenal consisting only of lasers to limit the amount of logistical support needed.
- Something of a quick strike version of the Brigand also developed in 3066, the X2 removes the two Medium Pulse Lasers and replaces them with four Rocket Launcher 15s. These give the 'Mech an astounding amount of firepower in one shot making it a serious threat to other light 'Mechs when encountered. BV (1.0) = 780, BV (2.0) = 764
- This 3078 Brigand variant uses a Light Fusion Engine. It carries three ER Medium Lasers and a Light PPC. It also carries Triple Strength Myomer, which allows it to inflict twice as much damage in physical combat and burst speeds of 110km/h. It also carries slightly more armor than the base model. BV(2.0)=1,038
- First encountered on Lackland in 3083, the LDT-5 is a well designed raiding 'Mech that combines the best features of the LDT-XPR prototypes. Faster than any previous Brigand thanks to the use of a Omni 175 Extralight Engine to reach a top speed of 111km/h, the LDT-5 retains the Endo Steel chassis to carry five and a half tons of standard plate. Equipped with three Medium Lasers spread across its three torso sections, the LDT-5 carries a Mace in the left arm, enhancing its close combat ability but also limiting how much booty the LDT-5 can make off with. Seven jump jets provide a 210 meter jump capability. BV (2.0) = 762
- This prototype Brigand was discovered during the Filtvelt Coalition raid on Tortuga. Based on the standard Brigand chassis, it carries two Medium X-Pulse Lasers and an SRM-4 missile launcher. It uses an XL Engine to maintain the 96km/h speed of the unit, and jumping capability remains the same. BV (2.0) = 723
- This prototype carries four Medium Lasers and a Mace into combat. Performance and protection are identical to the standard Brigand. BV (2.0) = 752
- This final prototype from the Tortuga invasion drops the top speed of the Brigand down to 86km/h. It carries eight Improved Jump Jets for a jump radius of 240 meters. In addition to an XL engine, it also uses an XL Gyro to free up weight. Most interesting to observers is the experimental Composite Internal Structure it uses to carry four Medium Lasers. BV (2.0) = 743
- Technical Readout: 3067, pp. 47-48, "LDT-1 Brigand"
- MUL online entry for the Brigand
- Combat Operations, p. 137, "Force Faction Tables - Periphery"
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 65
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 4 "Tortuga Prime"
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 23 "LDT-5 Brigand"
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X1 variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 66
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 67
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X2 variant
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X3 variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 68
- MUL online entry for the Brigand LDT-X4 variant
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 69
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 26
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 27
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 28
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 29
- Historical Turning Points: Tortuga, p. 30
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Brigand.