Flatus(Redirected from CSV Bordeaux)
Constructed in 2944, the Bordeaux was the second of the Dante-class WarShip and in 3062 was a part of the Com Guard First Fleet, operating from the ComStar fleet base at Luyten 68-28. The CSV Bordeaux remained in service with ComStar as of 3067, and on the 1st of August 3068, the Bordeaux ran the Blakist blockade of Tukayyid. Personnel from the 104th Division were able to rescue Primus Sharilar Mori and some senior ComGuard officers from the planet before the Bordeaux returned ComStar's leader to Orestes, reportedly only suffering minor damage during the rescue.
In the first week of November 3068, the Bordeaux was defending Orestes when Blakist forces attacked the planet. The Bordeaux was badly damaged, although ground troops were able to drive off the Word's forces. Later in the Jihad, the Bordeaux took part in the liberation of Chara in 3077, but was later destroyed in action in the Luyten system.
The Dark AgeEdit
Due to the quasi-secret location of Luyten and the consequent lack of public knowledge about events in the system, the Republic of the Sphere was able to recover the remains of the Bordeaux and restore her to working order in secret during the Dark Age. She was renamed the Flatus and used by the Fidelis in the Republic Remnant.
- The destruction of all three ComStar Dante class vessels was confirmed by BattleTech Developer Øystein Tvedten in the Catalyst Game Lab BattleTech forums:
|“||No ComStar Dantes were captured by the Word of Blake. Bordeaux died at Luyten, Monpellier (sic) at Columbus, and Narbonne bit it during Case White.||”|
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 29 Oct 2011|
- The recovery of the Bordeaux by the Republic of the Sphere detailed in Field Manual: 3145 apparently contradicted earlier clarifications on the fate of the Bordeaux provided by the Line Developers. The status of the Bordeaux was clarified on the official forums by Øystein Tvedten.
|“|| Actually, that the Bordeaux was destroyed was no lie. It was destroyed by the Word of Blake at Luyten. But because the location of the world was a pretty good secret, the Republic was able to salvage and repair the vessel later without it being public knowledge (unlike the other vessels which make up the RAF navy, which everyone knows they salvaged as it was done in open view in the Terran system).
|— Øystein Tvedten, 13 September 2013|
- Technical Readout: 3067, p. 202, "Dante (Frigate)"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 44, "The WarShip Fleet"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 83, "ComStar Naval Assets"
- Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 121, "Daring Rescue"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 17-18 & Blake Ascending, pp. 177-178, "Timeline"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, pp. 17-19 & Blake Ascending, pp. 177-179, "Blake's Judgment"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 11, "Timeline"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, pp. 60-61, "Charred Victory"
- Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 29 Oct 2011
- Status of the Bordeaux and Flatus
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 139