|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Hollis Mk.II-Beta Endo Steel|
|Engine||GM 280 XL|
|Communications System||O/P COM-211|
|Targeting Tracking System||O/P 1078|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||120 Meters|
The Catapult II is a Heavy Class BattleMech first built for the Capellan Confederation in 3140s. First produced in 3135 by Hollis Inc of Corey this slightly larger version of the original Catapult was conceived to test newly developed TSEMP Cannons technology while the overall design is intended to serve in the indirect fire-support role. Due to the weight of these tazer style weapons, the tonnage of the 'Mech was increased to overcome stress on the Catapult II's frame.
Not a popular 'Mech among the Capellan Confederation Armed Forces, the base model is known for its heat management issues. However, the 'Mech would prove its worth in battle in 3145 during the House Liao incursion into the Federated Suns. Catapult IIs were serving among the 3rd McCarron's Armored Cavalry and Sung's Rangers Regiments invading Taygeta and went on prove the design's potential. After exhausting their ammunition bins of their long-range missiles, a pair of these 'Mechs would force Liao's advance into the battle lines of Ridgebrook CMM and 5th Crucis Lancers. In the ensuing battle, efforts of the L7s among other heavy 'Mechs forced Davion forces to withdraw due to the 'Mech-crippling TSEMPs and physical attacks. Even though the pair were taken out in the process, they were credited for turning the battle against a larger Davion formation.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Built around a General Motors 280-Rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine, and sturdy Hollis Mk.II-Beta Endo Steel chassis the 'Mech is able to carry a great deal of equipment. The Catapult II retains the original's movement, jump capabilities and has a half ton more armor protection than its predecessor.
The 'Mech's long-range weaponry consists of a pair of Holly “Ballista-20“ 20-tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers which are found in each of the 'Mech's stubby arm actuators. Each of the launchers is allotted two tons of ammunition, which pilots must be mindful of during long duration conflicts. The Catapult's most notable weapons are its two TSEMP Cannons mounted in the side torsos, which allow it to potentially disable an enemy 'Mech. Serving as back up are more conventional weapons, a pair of Diverse Optics Sunfire Extended Range Medium Lasers that are located in the center torso.
- Introduced a year after the base model in 3136, the advanced L7L is designed as a more conventional Capellan design with enhanced armor. The 'Mech trades in all its base weaponry for two Plasma Rifles mounted in each of the side torsos, and two 9-tube Multi-Missile Launchers in the 'Mech's stubby arms. The rifles have two tons of ammunition while the missile launchers are allotted 4 tons. The design's most noted feature is its Heat-Dissipating Armor, which offers the variant greater resistance to heat related attacks. BV2(2.0)=1,656
This version of the Catapult (named CPLT-D1-H Catapult 'Cynosure') was first created by Wizkids' MechWarrior Dark Age Collectible Miniatures game as a part of its 2007's MechWarrior: Solaris VII Action Pack release. It was later adapted by Catalyst Game Labs and redefined once the company advanced the franchise's timeline to 3145.
The Catapult II has the following Design Quirk:
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 87 CPLT-L7 Catapult II - BV2
- Master Unit List profile for Catapult II with Introduction Year & BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 97
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 40 Catapult II - Background.
- Technical Readout: 3025, p. 85 Catapult - Armor Factor is 10 tons.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 41 & 87 Catapult II - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp. 41 & 88 Catapult II - Variant Info
- Master Unit List profile for CPLT-L7L Catapult II variant with Introduction Year & BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 98