|Cloud Ten Carrier Airship|
|Manufacturer|| Fort Chirikof Repair Facilities |
|Use|| Command Ship |
Surveillance Craft Carrier
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Experimental)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||AirShip (Large)|
|Armament|| 1x Thumper Artillery Cannon |
2x Extended LRM-5s
4x Thunderbolt 10
|Crew|| 74 |
The Cloud Ten Airship Carrier was a large lighter-than air vehicle designed to carry three squadrons of Lexan Surveillance Helo VTOLs and act as a mobile command headquarters. Based on the failed Cloud Nine AirShip, Cloud Ten was conceived by Joseph Akron.
The ship concept was first conceived at the 57th Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineer, Industrial Engineer Conference Event or 57th EECEIECE in 3074. At the conference, the Cloud Ten's predecessor, Cloud Nine, ranked third in the top list of technological blunders. Akron met Rebecca Cardinali of Cal-Boeing, where an overnight discussion became a new project that led to the creation of the Cloud Ten and the Lexus Survey Helo. Akron managed to convince Cal-Boeing's CEO (and his uncle) to give the Cloud Carrier project another try.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Cloud Ten was conceived as a strategic asset, using its support abilities to help find enemy force and bring this information to its commanders. To enable it in this endeavor, the ship been equipped with surveillance equipment. These include Hi-Res Imager, Hyperspectral Imager, Infrared Imager, and Lookdown Radar. These devices would give a commander number of advantages on the battlefield, should Cloud Ten be surveying the battlefield. Along with this, it uses Remote Sensor Dispenser with 60 sensors pods to allow for remote sense capacity while out of the area. The ship has 13 tons of Communication Equipment, which allows the ship become a mobile command headquarters and allow it to tap into orbiting satellites.
The ship's principle surveillance capacity is its compliment of Lexan Surveillance Helo which their advance Recon Camera and ECM to help recon potential hotspots.
Despite it being a strategic asset, it armored and armed to help protect the ship should it come under fire. The ship has four experimental Thunderbolt 10 Launchers, each mounted in all the ships' firing arcs. Enhancing its long reaching firepower, the ship has been also been given some experimental 5-tubed Extended Long Range Missile launchers, one in right and left wing sections. The ship been given a limited artillery support capacity with its nose mounted Thumper Artillery Cannon. These weapons are tied up into a advance fire control, to allow it give them military precision against an enemy unit.
The ship is protected by 6.5 tons of BAR 8 Rated Commercial Armor and experimental Angel ECM.
The ship has a Light Vehicle Bay with 4 Doors (2 left and 2 on the right sides of the ship.) The ship main hanger has a 180 ton carrying capacity which has 2 doors (One on each left/right of the side of the ship.) The ship has internal cargo bay capable of handling 82.2 tons standard cargo, with single door mounted on left and right side of the ship.
The ship also has room to carry 112 Foot Infantry in four Infantry Bays.
- Cloud Nine - This Prototype Fighter Carrier was a proof-concept vessel that was destroyed on its maiden flight. The Cloud Ten design was based on this ill-fated ship.
- In an erratum first published in November 2010, the Cloud Ten's weaponry and some of its equipment was completely changed due to problems and errors found after its creation. The old weaponry (as per Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex) originally included four Silver Bullet Gauss Rifles, and Thumper Artillery Piece mounted in the nose.
- MUL online date for the Cloud Ten
- XTRO Boondocks Errata radically changes weaponry of the ship.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Boondocks pp. 7,15 - Lexan VTOL & Cloud ten Airship Carrier profiles.
- November 2010 Errata for XTRO Boondocks goes into detail changes of the ship and its capacities.
- Erratum re-posting on the official BattleTech Forum