|Manufacturer||Ironhold Alpha Complex|
|Mech type||Clan OmniMech|
|Chassis||JF 3 Light Endo Steel|
|Armor||Compound JF Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||175 JF Extralight|
|Communications System||JF Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series JFVIII KITT|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
After the Refusal War with Clan Wolf, Falcon Khan Marthe Pryde decided to upgrade the 'Mechs her Clan fielded as they rebuilt. Rather than waste precious resources designing a new OmniMech from the ground up, she instructed her scientists to improve upon existing designs. The design the scientists chose to modify was the Adder. Though the two 'Mechs are visually similar and share the same weight, the Falcon Cougar is slower and better armed, though it only has five and a half tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor. This process enabled the Falcon scientists to produce a new design in roughly half the time it would have taken them otherwise.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Jade Falcon scientists continued to closely mimic the Adder in the Cougar's weapon systems. The primary configuration uses a pair of LRM-10s and Large Pulse Lasers for a combination of direct and indirect fire support.
- Alt. Config. E
- This configuration uses the ATM missile technology with two ATM 6s as its main weapon with three tons of ammo for each launcher. A trio of ER Medium Lasers round out this variant's arsenal to finish off its opponents at short range, with three additional double heat sinks to help with the heat. BV (1.0) = 1,351, BV (2.0) = 1,442
- Alt. Config. F
- Introduced during the Jihad, this configuration was geared for anti-infantry/battle armor combat with eight Heavy Machine Guns, divided between two Heavy Machine Gun Arrays, all of which are fed from a single half ton of ammunition. It also sports a pair of B-Pods to further its role. Its other weaponry includes three Medium Pulse Lasers, and a single Streak SRM 4 Launcher with one ton of reloads. BV (2.0) = 1,401
- Alt. Config. G
- A second Jihad era configuration, the Cougar G carries a Class 20 Hyper Assault Gauss Rifle with two tons of ammunition in its right arm, and a pair of LRM 5 Launchers with one ton of reloads in its left. This configurations only energy weapon is an ER Large Laser mounted in the head. BV (2.0) = 1,453
- Alt. Config. H
- This configuration was introduced during the 3060s. It was equipped with four Jump Jets and an ECM suite. This variant is armed with an Ultra Autocannon/5 and a trio of Heavy Medium Lasers for when any opponent tries to close range. It also has three additional double heat sinks to deal with heat the trio of heavy lasers produce. BV (1.0) = 1,286, BV (2.0) = 1,323
- X 3
- This experimental-tech upgrade has the same armor protection as the X2, though it lacks any jumping ability. It also mounts a Streak LRM-10. To back that up, the X3 has an ER Large Pulse Laser and an ER Medium Pulse Laser. Both lasers benefit from a Targeting Computer. BV (1.0) = 1,280 BV (2.0) = 1,410
- This variant is apparently an attempt by the Jade Falcons to use experimental technology in a combat unit. Originally mistaken for a LAM, the Cougar-XR uses a Partial Wing to extend its jump range to 210 meters. An LRM-15 launcher equipped with Artemis V FCS is located in each side torso, while an ER Medium Pulse Laser provides direct fire. To make room for these systems and the wing, the Cougar-XR uses a Small Cockpit (sourced from the Inner Sphere), Endo Steel chassis, and an Extralight engine. For protection, the 'Mech uses seven tons of Glazed Armor. As of 3077 it appears that the Cougar-XR is a standard BattleMech instead of being an OmniMech like its progenitor design. BV (2.0) = 1,783
- Adder - In order to speed development and production, the Cougar OmniMech was derived from the powerful Adder OmniMech, the wildly successful testbed and training design constructed by Clan Star Adder in the early 31st century.
- Pouncer - A test bed made into a full-fledged production OmniMech, the Pouncer shares the Cougar's lineage with the Adder.
- Technical Readout: 3060, p. 147, "Cougar Profile"
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, p. 22, "Cougar"
- MUL online date for the Cougar
- Combat Operations, p. 115
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 83
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 213
- The Wars of Reaving Supplemental p.17
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 84
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 214
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 85
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 215
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 86
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 216
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 87
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 217
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 53
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 218
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 219 - F Config for Cougar from RS3060u.
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 220 - G Config from the RS3060u.
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 54
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 221
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 94
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 42
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 95
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 43
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 96
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 44
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 97
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans, p. 3
- The Battle of Coventry (scenario pack)
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: Clans
- Master Unit List
- MWDA Spirit Cat's dossier of Kym Nova Cat
- MWDA Steel Wolves' dossier of Gwin Fetladral
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3060
- Technical Readout: Clan Invasion