|Manufacturer||Transitional Facility HH-Beta, WC Site 1|
|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Type BMH-7 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forged Type HH34 Standard|
|Engine||GM 380 XL|
|Communications System||CH6 Series Integrated|
|Targeting Tracking System||Hunter (7a) Dedicated TTS w/Targeting Computer|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double Heat Sinks|
After Clan Hell's Horses invaded Clan Wolf's Inner Sphere territory, the Horses needed to rebuild from the losses they incurred. A surprising partnership with Clan Wolf-in-Exile led to the Cygnus, which entered service in 3075. Based on the Annihilator, the simple design of the Cygnus allows for fewer things to go wrong without losing its lethality. A possible reflection of this design philosophy is that the ammo feed tracks are situated outside of the hull feeding from shoulder bins, while this has not so far been proven to be a vulnerability the design may have been chosen to improve feed reliability. It is a BattleMech, rather than an OmniMech, the decision of a desperate Clan that needed to rebuild as quickly as possible.
The Cygnus is swift for a 'Mech of its size, as its 380 engine makes it capable of 64 km/h, though that comes at an increased vulnerability due to the bulk of the XL Engine. An Endo Steel chassis also saves weight. 
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Most of the firepower on the Cygnus comes from its pair of Mydron Excel Ultra Autocannon/10s. The Clan engineers decided to use these to match the firepower of the Annihilator's four LB-X Autocannon/10s. They retained the four Medium Pulse Lasers, but upgraded them to Kolibri Omega Series models. The inclusion of a Targeting Computer makes all the weapons more accurate.
- Cygnus 2
- Still on the drawing board in 3075, the Cygnus 2 replaces the autocannons, Targeting Computer, and almost all of the extra heat sinks for a pair of HAG 40s. This change also requires swapping out the lasers for ER Medium Lasers. This give the 'Mech some heat problems, but not to a severe extent. BV (2.0)= 3,361
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 147
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 275
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 146
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 276
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 277
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 182
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Design Quirk Table - Cygnus Entry.