|Dawn Treader Cargo Airship|
|Use|| Tourist Cruise Air Liner |
Civilian Passenger Transport
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Advanced)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||AirShip (Large, Template E)|
|Power Plant||Solar (Electric)|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 2|
|Crew||6 (1 officers, 5 enlisted/non-rated)|
The Dawn Treader Class of converted cargo air ships that were designed for the tourist trade in the Draconis Combine. The vehicles originated on world of Athenry. They put into service to travel across the planet, taking passengers to various scenic locations.
The ships own their existence to Athenry's depleted resources, which were tapped out by dawn of the thirty-first century. In 3049, the local government struggling to come up with new resources, decided to convert older Provost-Class cargo air ships into the new tourist role, re-christening them as the Dawn Treader-class.
By late 3050, Athenry became a tourist destination for those who enjoy the view from the skies. The cruises by 3067 only cost a family of four 750 K-bills a tour in comparison with more expensive tours elsewhere.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Airships were refitted as mixed cargo and passenger vessels, they feature the capacity for twenty 2nd Class and five 1st Class Passenger Cabins. The vehicle features a Light Vehicle Bay for small VTOLs to be used at the passengers' beck and call. Also, it can be brought into service as Medivac vehicle.
- Provost Class Cargo Airship
- Original design of the Dawn Treader, the Provost was built in 2695. It was utilized in the centuries leading up to the 31st Century as a ore carrier. These ships featured an Internal Combustion Engine Fuel Cell engines which were consider too costly to be retained for its new life as Passenger Ship. The ship had a greater-than 39 ton cargo capacity when it was in this service. It featured promiately cavernous cargo hauler with massive ore lifts which the later would be removed in service as tourist vessel..
As of this writing there are no canon Record Sheets for this vehicle or its variant at this time.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 94, "Dawn Treader Cargo Airship"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 104, "Dawn Treater Cargo Airship"
- MUL online date for the Dawn Treader
- Master Unit List profile for the Provost Cargo Airship (Standard) - Intro date listed