|Manufacturer||Clan Fire Mandrill Kraftwerk, Kindraa Payne-Beyl-Grant Main Production Facility|
|Targeting Tracking System||DragonEye 5|
|Jump Jets||150 meters|
The Delphyne was developed by Clan Blood Spirit and Clan Fire Mandrill. Basing the design on the lessons learned from producing the Minotaur, the Delphyne is one of the most effective heavy ProtoMechs. Able to keep up with heavy and assault units, the Delphyne uses a Medium Pulse Laser to provide accurate fire. To protect the ProtoMech, more than two tons of armor were added to the design. It can even survive a hit to the torso from a Gauss Rifle or ER PPC. To provide additional mobility, the Delphyne mounts jump jets that allow it to cover 150 meters at a time. These features are particularly useful when negotiating tight terrain.
Raids by Clan Coyote on Foster captured a few dozen Delphynes, many of which have been modified and were sent out for field-testing. It is possible that Clan Coyote will start production of their own versions.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Currently there are only two known variants of the Delphyne:
- Delphyne 2
- This version removes some armor and the Medium Pulse Laser to carry a pair of ER Micro Lasers in the arms and twin SRM-3 launchers in the torso. Each of the SRM racks has ten reloads available, so the Delphyne 2 can stay in the fight longer than most opponents expect. BV (2.0) = 316
- Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 164-165, "Delphyne Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 307
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 308
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 309