- This article is about the BattleMech. For the DVE-5B Mark III variant of the Demolisher tank, see Demolisher#Variants.
|Manufacturer||Norse-Storm BattleMechs Inc.|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Star League XT|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Johnston Wide Band|
|Targeting Tracking System||Randar Pinpoint-HY|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
General Kerensky himself designed the specifications for the Devastator to make up for perceived flaws in the prototype Titan. However, when Stefan Amaris seized the reins of the Terran Hegemony, production of the Devastator was stalled until the invasion of Terra, when a mere six prototypes were delivered to the Star League Defense Force. The only reported action of a Devastator during that invasion occurred on the Alberta plains. There, a leftenant named Peter St.Ives destroyed three Amaris Mechs in two minutes, forcing the fourth attacker to surrender.
After the battle for Terra, the Devastator remained lost to the Inner Sphere for centuries, until troops from the Federated Suns chanced upon the blueprints in a Star League base on the world of Hoff in 3023. A downgraded version of the 'Mech was prototyped in 3033 by the NAIS, using technology available at the time. It was not until 3044 that a Devastator appeared that was constructed using the intended technologies (DVS-2); this version was finally put in production by 3048.
The Devastator is powered by a Vlar 300 XL Engine giving it a top speed of 54 km/h. The 'Mech is protected by eighteen and a half tons of Durallex Heavy armor and has fourteen double heat sinks to dissipate waste heat.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Devastator carries an arsenal focused on long-range combat. The primary weapons are a pair of Poland Main Model A Gauss Rifles backed up by two Donal PPCs. For close combat, the Devastator carries four Intek Medium Lasers, one of which is mounted in the rear of the center torso to keep enemy infantry from getting too ambitious.
- The low-tech version of the Devastator introduced in 3036, the 1D used a standard engine, so components had to be downgraded. The Gauss Rifles became Autocannon/10s and the PPCs were replaced with Large Lasers. One ton of armor was removed, while fifteen single heat sinks strained to keep the 'Mech's heat under control. The vast majority of these that were produced were upgraded by the late 3060s, leaving most 1Ds in the hands of the Taurian Concordat. BV (1.0) = 1,402, BV (2.0) = 1,858
- The DVS-3 variant of the Devastator increases the 'Mech's longevity on the battlefield. To do this, the 'Mech has increased its ammunition load for its Gauss Rifles by two tons and the armor protection has been increased by half a ton. The 'Mech mounts a rear mounted Small Laser with the rear mounted Medium Laser, using the weight leftover by the removal of the three forward facing Medium Lasers. BV (1.0) = 2,182, BV (2.0) = 2,452
- DVS-X10 MUSE EARTH
- The Devastator MUSE EARTH project created to push the limitations of existing Assault 'Mechs to new heights during the Jihad. Their first step was to install a 400 rated XXL Engine to increase the Devastator's maximum ground speed to 64 km/h. By combining a Supercharger with a MASC system, the engineers assigned to this project created a design that that can move at a top speed of over 100 km/h for short bursts. Not content with nearly twenty tons of Reactive Armor, the engineers also armored the 'Mech's cockpit, Compact Gyro, Supercharger, and the shoulder and hip actuators. The MUSE EARTH Devastator carries a Heavy PPC and PPC Capacitor in each arm and a pair of Medium Variable Speed Pulse Lasers in the center torso. To make room for all the armor, large engine, and supercharger, the MUSE EARTH uses a Compact Gyro and an Endo Composite skeleton. BV (2.0) = 3,344
Notable 'Mechs and pilotsEdit
- General Lester J. Otto piloted a prototype DVS-2 Devastator in the final battle of Fort Bourgogne on Marlette on 14 May 3044. The 'Mech, quite possibly the very first DVS-2 ever deployed by the Federated Suns, was destroyed and salvaged by the victorious attackers, elements from McCarron's Armored Cavalry (namely Marcus Barton's Regiment).
- Field Marshal Katheryn Sandoval-Ito of the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns is noted as having piloted a Devastator during the Jihad, and is credited in the media in the Federated Suns with having been the first to breach the walls of a large Blakist fortress on Bharat in her Devastator, as well as being responsible for the critical tipping point in the battle for Achernar, both in 3077.
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 19
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 12
- MUL online date for the Devastator
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 157
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 348
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 298
- McCarron Armored Cavalry (scenario pack) p. 19
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 347
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 299
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 349
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 300
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 224
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 6
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40, "Sandoval-Ito: A Study In Success"
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry (scenario pack), pp. 18-19
- Technical Readout: 3058, pp. 146-147
- Combat Operations
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Master Unit List
- McCarron's Armored Cavalry (scenario pack)
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Objectives: Lyran Alliance
- Patriots and Tyrants
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3150