|Engine||MaxLift 215 Fusion Engine|
|Communications System||Cyclops 1|
|Targeting Tracking System||Evil Eye|
Entering service with the Lyran Commonwealth's military in 3025, the Drillson is another example of the LCAF's preference for heavy vehicles. The excellent performance of this heavy hovertank during the Fourth Succession War established it as one of the best of its type. The government of the Federated Suns was sufficiently impressed to make the Drillson a mainstay of the then forming Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth. 
The Drillson is very heavy for a hover vehicle. Much of this weight is invested in protection. The vehicle features six and half tons of ArcShield armor evenly spread across the tank, with somewhat stronger protection in the front and on the turret. This heavy protection, combined with the powerful armament, make the Drillson much more durable in combat than is usual with hover vehicles. This survivabilty allows it to take part in the direct support of BattleMechs in combat.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Drillson relies mostly on the Cyclops Eye Large Laser based in its turret. This weapon and its associated fire control system were developed specifically for this vehicle by the ordnance division of Cyclops, Inc. This unconventional design uses a combination of laser energy and particle-beam technology. The unique structure of this system enables it to dispense with the relatively vulnerable reflector systems. Mounted alongside the Cyclops Eye are two HoverTech SRM-2-racks supplied with one ton of ammunition. A single Light CrossBow LRM-10 and two Kicker Machine Guns complete the weapons array. 
- Armed with the same weaponry as its fusion-powered counterpart, this original diesel-engine model of the Drillson was much slower due to the additional weight of the heat sinks and amplifiers. Its cruising speed is 64.8 kph.
- This updated post-Clan Invasion model of the Drillson from 3053 features an updated weapons package. The HoverTech SRM racks have been removed and more efficient Streak SRM-2s fitted. The venerable Cyclops Eye system has been retired in favor of a modern Large Pulse Laser .  BV (2.0) = 899
- This 3076 version replaces all the standard weaponry with a pair of Light PPCs which are mounted in the turret and an MML-3. It carries sufficient ammuniton for extended battles (33 shots SRM + 40 shots LRM). A Floatation Hull allows this model to support amphibious operations alongside the Plainsman. BV (2.0) = 870
- MUL online date for the Drillson
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 62, "Drillson Heavy Hover Tank"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 54
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 62
- Technical Readout: 3026 - p. 50
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 111
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 112
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 37