|Manufacturer||Majesty Metals and Manufacturing, |
Hellespont 'Mech Works
|Mass||25 tons[[Category:25 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Majesty MLIX Endo Steel|
|Armor||Hellespont Light Stealth|
|Engine||Magna 250 XL|
|Communications System||Majesty COMSET w/Guardian ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Majesty 032-199|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Ebony is a light BattleMech produced jointly by the Magistracy of Canopus and the Capellan Confederation. This stealthy BattleMech first appeared in 3081, and was reportedly being built in factories on Canopus IV and Sian. The 'Mech is allegedly named for the Magistracy's secret intelligence branch, the Ebon Magistrate.
The design employs five-and-a-half tons of Stealth Armor and a Guardian ECM to allow it to move into position to attack its target. A MechWarrior would need to disengage some of its ten Double Heat Sinks in order to quickly activate the 'Mech's Triple Strength Myomer. With the TSM engaged, the Ebony is able to reach speeds up to 170 km/h.
When it made its first appearance, the design's origins, including as far back to where it was built, was a mystery to intelligence agencies. Large concentrations of the design were found among Capellan forces on the border of the still forming Republic of the Sphere.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
- The -11 is a second variant produced for the Ebony, which initially was not popular with its pilots. The MEB-11 swaps out the Snub-Nose PPC for a Plasma Rifle with a single ton of ammunition. In order to make room for the rifle's ammunition, the 'Mech's cockpit was downsized to a Small Cockpit. BV(2.0)= 1,135
- The removal of the ECM suite and use of a downgraded 225 XL engine frees up enough weight to replace the Snub-Nose PPC with a captured Large Re-engineered Laser. This variant introduced in 3137 also mounts six tons of Heat-Dissipating Armor to deal with hostile plasma and inferno weapons. BV(2.0)= 700, 750
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 58-59, "MEB-9 Ebony "
- MUL online data for the Ebony
- Records Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 40
- MUL online data for the Ebony MEB-10 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 84
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 85
- MUL online data for the Ebony MEB-11 variant
- MUL online data for the Ebony MEB-12 variant
- Technical Readout: 3145, p. 210, "New Tech, New Upgrades - MEB-12/MEB-13 Ebony"
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 79
- MUL online data for the Ebony MEB-13 variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 80