|Manufacturer||Blackstone BattleMechs, Ltd.|
|Chassis||Blackstone MD2E Endo Steel|
|Armor||StarGuard III with CASE|
|Engine||Magna 250 XL|
|Communications System||CommuTech Multi Channel 10|
|Targeting Tracking System||Tek Tru-Trak|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
The Enfield was originally designed to replace the Wyvern as an urban combat 'Mech, but the design never made it to mass production. The plans for the Enfield were lost during the Succession Wars and were recovered by the Federated Suns on the world of Achernar in 2870. Knowledge of the design was kept hidden until the 3050s, when the NAIS selected the Enfield as a companion 'Mech to the Enforcer. The Enfield began production in 3055 and has seen heavy deployment to the Lyran Alliance because of the constant threat presented by the Clans. The 'Mech carries eleven tons of StarGuard III armor with CASE to protect against ammunition explosions. The Enfield is built on a Blackstone MD2E Endo Steel chassis and uses a Magna 250 XL engine which gives the 'Mech a top speed of 86.4 km/h to save weight, allowing it to carry a heavy arsenal. Due to its extra-light engine, however, the 'Mech developed an undeserved reputation for being fragile in heavy combat.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Enfield carries a Defiance Disintegrator LB-X Autocannon/10 as its primary weapon. This weapon can fire both solid and cluster ammunition, making it a highly effective anti-aircraft weapon. For close combat, the Enfield has a Thunderbolt-12 Large Pulse Laser, two Defiance B3M Medium Lasers, and a ChisComp 32 Small Laser.
- The 6J variant of the Enfield removes the Small Laser from the 'Mech and exchanges the Large Pulse Laser for a Large Laser. The saved weight is used to add five jump jets, allowing the Enfield to jump up to one hundred and fifty meters. This variant of the Enfield is very reliable, and although it loses some firepower and accuracy in the Large Laser, the addition of the jump jets gives it a high degree of mobility and survivability. BV (1.0) = 1,345, BV (2.0) = 1,417
- Only a prototype in 3070, the 6S is an attempt to modify the 6Q to make it more durable. It replaces the engine with a Light Engine of the same size. In order to make up for the added mass, Ferro-Fibrous armor is utilized. This is not enough to make up the difference, however, so the pulse is downgraded to a standard Large Laser. The decrease in heat allowed for the removal of a heat sink, while the remaining tonnage went into a Guardian ECM Suite, which makes the Enfield more difficult to target. BV (1.0) = 1,268, BV (2.0) = 1,413
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 108, "Enfield"
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 134-135, "Enfield Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 217
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 244
- Combat Operations, p. 131
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 216
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 245
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 218
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 246
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 77