|Unit Profile (as of 3072)|
|CO||Överste Mika Bergström|
Eriksson's Einherjar was a mercenary unit founded by former KungsArmé members who had sworn to avenge comrades killed during the Clan Invasion. The Einherjar were four companies strong when they launched an assault on the Clan Steel Viper-controlled world of Jabuka in 3052, where they met the First Viper Guards. Only a quarter of the mercenaries survived the heavy fighting. The Einherjar's founder, Johan Erikkson, was amongst those killed in combat. Erikkson's successor, Mika Bergström, led the Einherjar to the Circinus Federation for rest and refit. As the Federation was an ally of the Word of Blake, the Einherjar were effectively working alongside the Blakists.
The Einherjar reappeared in the Inner Sphere during the Jihad; at the end of June 3072 the separatist Democracy Now movement in the Lyran Alliance unveiled its own Democratic People's Army, the main component of which was the Einherjar. It's likely that the Einherjar's service to Democracy Now was short-lived, as the Kaumberg Planetary Guard assaulted Novara, center of the Democracy Now movement, in August 3072 and apparently shattered the Democratic People's Army.
|Commanding Officers of Eriksson's Einherjar|
The Einherjar's preferred tactic was to drop directly into an enemy's position and concentrate their firepower for superiority.
Eriksson’s Einherjar (4 BattleMech Companies)
- CO: Överste Johan Eriksson
Eriksson’s Einherjar (2 BattleMech Companies)
- CO/Bergström’s Hammare: Överste Mika Bergström
- XO/Sundby's Kavellerie: Överste-Löjtnant Ursula Sundby
- Heavy and Assault 'Mechs with high-tech weaponry
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, p. 32, "Unit Profile"
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 20
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22-23, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 51, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 23, "Timeline of the Jihad"