Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Far Reach nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-216.873 : 567.699[e]|
|Recharge time||154 hours|
The Far Reach system is located near the Rondane system and the Chaine Cluster and consists of a class B3V primary orbited by at least two planets. Also located in the system and functional until at least the late thirty-first century was a Capital-class space station located at the zenith jump point.
The Far Reach system was either colonized by the Rim Worlds Republic at some point during the Star League era after the end of the Reunification War, or was an already-inhabited world that became significant enough during this period for Inner Sphere nations to begin recording its location on maps. Far Reach vanished from maps during either the Second or Third Succession War, indicating that it had become too insignificant to merit further recording. Far Reach reappeared on maps during the Dark Age as the region known as the Chainelane Isles became more significant.
Far Reach IEdit
Far Reach IIEdit
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Paris, Helene)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||32°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Ruler||Monsieur Henry Tremaine XXIX|
Far Reach II - more commonly known simply as Far Reach - is a temperate world almost completely covered by oceans, with two moons named Helene and Paris.
Star League EraEdit
During the Star League era Far Reach was one of the corporate hubs of the Rim Worlds Republic, and numerous interstellar companies and corporations had large underwater habitats and facilities established on the planet.
Following the collapse of the Republic in the aftermath of the Amaris Civil War, Far Reach quickly lapsed into obscurity. A lack of maintenance caused the underwater habitats to fail over time, and by the late twenty-ninth century the only major settlement left on Far Reach was General City. Covering the majority of Dynamic Island, General City had been the headquarters of the Republic Division of General Dynamics during the Star League era, and while the majority of the underwater facilities were out of reach, a number of minor manufacturing centers and a single small arms factory located underneath General City managed to provide the remaining population with some means of survival - both against pirates and the more dangerous forms of ocean wildlife.
By the beginning of the thirtieth century the population of Far Reach had managed to regain something resembling a normal life, but the steady population growth on Dynamic Island forced the inhabitants to launch efforts to recolonize other islands; with no operational spacecraft, the population was confined to Far Reach, unable to reach the other planets in the system, but a number of the surviving corporate enclaves on Far Reach formed functional conglomerates or collectives. These groups then began skirmishing with each other, seeking resources or slaves.
When an intact sealed facility containing three KR-61 shuttles was discovered, the inhabitants of Far Reach were able to begin exploring their local solar system again, discovering that the outpost on Near Reach had been abandoned long before, but that the Capital-class space station at the system zenith jump point was both still inhabited and under occupation. The space station had been in use by forces belonging to the Empire of the Stars for some time, who used it as a way station for raiding vessels. The station was equipped with modest defenses, but the Reachers launched an attack in an attempt to gain control of it. Much to the surprise of the Empire's forces, the Reachers' attempt was successful, even though it cost them half their marines and two of their three shuttles... and the Reachers then proceeded to successfully ambush and capture an Imperial raiding force within a month.
This turning point prompted the Reachers to form the Far Reach Collective and begin reaching out to nearby systems. Corporate espionage was considered a high art form on Far Reach, and by leveraging that particular strength, the Collective was able to infiltrate neighboring powers, gather information and then use that intelligence to form beneficial pacts and treaties.
In 3047 the Empire of the Stars returned to the Far Reach system in strength, as part of an attempt to expand beyond their home in the nearby Chaine Cluster. The Collective was able to repel the invasion using a combination of the relatively isolated nature of the various island enclaves on Far Reach and the expertise of their highly-trained zero-G marines based on the Dynasty. The abortive invasion prompted the Collective to step up its efforts at gathering intelligence, as well as leading to a number of operations in systems outside the Chainelane Isles.
Far Reach was invaded by the Empire of the Stars for a second time in 3073; this invasion was moderately more successful for the invaders, who were fleeing the Clan Diamond Shark invasion of the Chaine Cluster. Imperial forces were able to secure a foothold on Earthwerks Island, establishing a presence on Far Reach.
The Dark AgeEdit
In 3083 the Empire of the Stars petitioned to join the Far Reach Collective; the petition was accepted, giving the Collective access to a number of small Imperial holdings throughout the region, as well as access to an intelligence network that could rival - and possibly even better - that of the Diamond Sharks.
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2764 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2765 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2767 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2786 - Inhabited system 
- 2822 - Inhabited system 
- Circa 2900 - Independent
- 3025 - No record 
- 3040 - No record 
- 3047 - Independent
- 3050 - No record 
- 3052 - No record 
- 3054 - No record 
- 3057 - No record 
- 3059 - No record 
- 3063 - No record 
- 3067 - No record 
- 3075 - No record 
- 3079 - No record 
- 3081 - No record 
- 3085 - Chainelane Isles 
- 3095 - Chainelane Isles (Far Reach Collective) 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - Chainelane Isles 
- 3145 - Chainelane Isles 
- Monsieur Henry Tremaine XXIX
Far Reach is predominantly a water world, dotted with islands. Two of the more notable islands include Earthwerks Island and Dynamic Island.
- General City: the longest-surviving major settlement on Far Reach, located on Dynamic Island.
| Closest 20 systems (12 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Ingvolstand||63.6||Transfer Station J239H2||65.4||Mearra||71.5||Dichell||73.2|
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 39-40, "Far Reach"
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions, p. 32, "Lost Opportunities"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery (sourcebook), p. vii, "Map of the Periphery"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vi, "Inner Sphere - October 3085"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic at the Fall of the Star League -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 38, "Rim Worlds Army Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Objective Raids, p. 46, "Map of Periphery States"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 115, "Greater Valkyrate, Oberon Confederation & Elysian Fields"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: Periphery, p. 24, "Last Known Deep Periphery"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 20, "Amaris Regulars - Divisional Status"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: Periphery
- First Succession War
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Interstellar Players 3: Interstellar Expeditions
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- The Periphery, First Edition
- The Periphery, Second Edition