|Parent Command||Capellan Confederation Armed Forces|
Original Free CapellaEdit
The original 'Free Capella' was formed in 2320. It was formed by citizens and soliders of Capella during the Terran Hegemony's occupation of the planet. Initially an underground organization for the first years of the occupation, it conducted guerrilla operations against Hegemony troops. This organization continued to harass and attack Hegemony troops until 2335.
Modern Free CapellaEdit
The Free Capella movement was an anti-Sun-Tzu Liao organization founded by Tormano Liao during the reign of Sun-Tzu's mother Romano Liao. It sought to overthrow the Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation and place Tormano on the throne.
Although it was originally founded as a military organization that actively recruited amongst native Capellans, it gradually grew and evolved so that by the time of the fall of the St. Ives Compact, its goals centered on relief and aid efforts to Capellan citizens. This became especially pronounced after the death of Tormano Liao, as he was considered to be one of the main driving forces behind the Free Capella movement's militaristic stance. Treyhang Liao was groomed by his father to take control of the movement, but did not wish take control.
It was only through the prompting of Blackwind Lancers' commander, Warner Doles, that Treyhang finally took the reigns. However with this power, Treyhang attempted to take the movement in a different direction.
After the Xin Sheng campaign, Free Capella was thought to have killed Sang-wei Tyler Alban, a MechWarrior with the 3rd McCarron's Armored Cavalry. The Sang-wei was notorious for inflicting heavy civilian casualties during the fighting to vent his frustration at the many rear-area duties he was assigned. His mutilated body was found in his quarters after the peace agreement was signed between the St. Ives Compact and the Capellan Confederation.
Status in 3067Edit
The movement lost 2 regiments but could save its strength with new personnel and equipment. 
- Free Republic Revolutionaries
- This command attacked the Twenty-third Arcturan Guard on Tikonov and could only destroyed through the assistance of House Da Dai Chi.Which later secured the planet again for the Confederation.
- Borodin Vindicators
- The unit broke all connections to the movement after a heavy defeat through the Blackwind Lancers which was treated as a training accident.
- Blackwind Lancers
- During the civil war the command was loaned to the allies. The unit fought against the First Republican on Marlette. The Republican unit was destroyed in the fighting.
- Jie Fang Legion
- The command test its new gathered strength against Warrior House Lu Sann during a raid. On Grand Base they secured a warehouse full of equipment.
Special Ops UnitsEdit
Colors and Unit InsigniaEdit
- A Guide To Covert Ops, p. 102 - Free Capella - Original Free Capella history.
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 34
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 25 - "Timeline Mandrinn Liao dies and his will orders the dissolution of the movement".
- Field Manual: Updates,p.30-31