|Manufacturer||Defiance Industries, Earthwerks-FWL, Inc.|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere|
|Mass||50 tons[[Category:50 ton BattleMechs]]|
|Chassis||Enran TXS2A Standard|
|Armor||Starshield Ultra-tech Stealth Stealth Armor|
|Engine||GM 300 XL|
|Communications System||Nashan Comm-i U-284|
|Targeting Tracking System||Nashan trac V-102 w/Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||14 Double heat sinks|
Developed as a complement to the Griffin in the later years of the Jihad, the Ghost is a medium strike 'Mech that saw considerable use in the years after the formation of the Republic of the Sphere. Developed by the Lyran Commonwealth and elements of the former Free Worlds League the Ghost carries an extensive array of electronic warfare equipment into combat. A Beagle Active Probe allows the Ghost to find enemy units, while Stealth Armor and a Guardian ECM Suite allows the 'Mech to live up to its name.
With excellent land speed and formidable medium-range weaponry, the Ghost is ideal for hunter-killer and heavy raiding missions, especially when paired with Griffins. Though production runs started low due to the expensive Stealth Armor and electronics, both Defiance and Earthwerks make a simpler Ghost variant available for purchase on the open market.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Ghost uses twin Light PPCs to hit a target at long range. The MML-3's can supplement this fire with long range missiles. After closing with enemy forces, the Ghost can easily switch to SRM ammunition and the ER Medium Laser to damage the enemy. Defensively the high speed and Stealth Armor make the Ghost particularly difficult to hit. This allows the Ghost to dictate the pace of the fight and maximize its advantages.
- This variant developed in 3087 replaces the standard weapons with a pair of Large Pulse Lasers, an ER Small Laser, and a single SRM-6. Built around an Endo Steel skeleton, this version uses a Defiance 300 Light Fusion Engine and standard armor with CASE to protect itself. BV (2.0) = 1,114
- Another variant introduced in 3133 removes the SRM-6 rack from the standard Dark Age Ghost and replaces it with a Chainsaw to minimize logistical needs, or potentially to disguise it as an IndustrialMech. This leaves it with a pair of Large Pulse Lasers as its only ranged weaponry. BV (2.0) = 1,012
- GST-10A Ghost Aurora
- Debuted in 3144 on the Tennessee Valley Arena and piloted by Marie Costa, the most striking piece of technology this machine features is a Void Signature System followed by the Clan-spec Ferro-Fibrous Armor that replaced its original Capellan-style Starshield Stealth Armor and its eleven Double Heat Sinks. In the weapons section, a single MML-9 launcher appears where once there were twin MML-3s, while the mech losses the Light PPCs in favor of more ER Medium Lasers (now three). Missing is Beagle active probe while an Improved Narc Missile Beacon (seen used to dispense Haywire pods in battle). BV2 = 1,500.
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 78-79, "GST-10 Ghost"
- MUL online date for the Ghost
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 59
- MUL online data for the Ghost GST-11 variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 116
- MUL online data for the Ghost GST-50 variant
- Shanetta Yuen's Dossier, Felix Jarta's Dossier
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 118
- MUL online data for the Ghost GST-90 variant
- Suzie "Qutter" Falson's Dossier, Cecile Wolf's Dossier
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 119
- Experimental Technical Readout: Royal Fantasy, pp. 17 "GST-10A Ghost Aurora"