Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Glengarry nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-76.782 : 76.984[e]|
|Recharge time||192 hours|
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||29°C (Arid)|
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Reference Year||3056 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Grayson Death Carlyle, Baron (3056)|
Sean Weslean, Governor (3130)
Nicolette Iniku, Legate (3130)
|Population|| 123,334,000 (3056)|
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2786 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3085 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Clan Jade Falcon  
- 3145 - Clan Jade Falcon 
Glengarry is a small, cool world, orbiting its K1-class sun at 0.577 AU distance with a planetary year of 179 standard days and planetary days 32 hours, 14 minutes and 12 seconds long (and a planetary year thus 133.28 local days long). Ever since the world was first colonized, the local year is divided into 19 weeks of 7 days, in turn grouped into three months (Nemain, Myrddin, and Mab) of six weeks plus an extra holiday week, with the last day having nine extra hours. A local hour has 80 minutes.
The planet has a balanced environment similar to Terra and three major continents: Dalralda, Pictland and Scotia.
Early Years and ColonizationEdit
Glengarry was discovered after the early colonization efforts of the Terran Alliance. The planet was not settled for a host of reasons including the events that led to the Outer Reaches Rebellion. Principally, the planet's atmosphere was tainted with heavy arsenic and cyanide gases, and needed to be cleaned up. The planet was not settled until the beginning of the Star League era, when the Federation of Skye finally finished their terraforming efforts.
The planet's settlers include Federation ethic groups of Canadian, Norwegian, and Scottish in origin. The planet was shown to be rich in ores and fertile lands, for which early colonists established strict environmental laws. The Federation later established Zoning Laws, which prohibited the residents of the planet from settling anywhere outside the planet's main continent of Scotia.
Star League and Succession Wars ErasEdit
As the planet was finally refined, its economy focused on commercial, agricultural, and light industry. As the Star League era progressed, the planet's capital city, Dunkeld, became a hub of trade. The culture of artisans and philosophers that inhabited the planet caused it to be a peaceful land; however, the twenty-eighth century marked the end of that serene peace. The planet's population became larger than it could support, and it depended on imports to support itself. The Amaris Coup and the fall of the Star League left the planet to be claimed by the Lyran Commonwealth. The Commonwealth, which began to fight in the First Succession War, had no time to shift resources to support the needy colony that Glengarry had become. With no real trade, planet's population began to leave, shrinking the once overpopulated planet.
Glengarry became a sparsely populated world with only small, self-sustaining settlements, which did not offer much in the way of employment. Largely ignored by the Succession Houses, the planet was spared much of the scorching many militaristic and heavily industrialized worlds suffered.
By the mid-thirty-first century, the planet started to recover, with arrival of its newly appointed noble ruler, mercenary commander, Grayson Death Carlyle and his mercenary outfit, the Gray Death Legion.
Second Skye RebellionEdit
In April of 3056, Glengarry was the target of the Free Skye Movement's 4th Skye Guard. General-Kommandant Wilhelm von Bulow, commander of a large task force of six JumpShips' worth of troops, arrived in the system to claim Glengarry as its own. Governor-General Roger DeVries, who was ruling the planet's day-to-day operations while Baron Grayson Carlyle was away with his forces on the Clan border, turned Glengarry over to the Free Skye force. He then arrested the Gray Death Legion's leading officers that were on planet, and put them in protective custody. However a fight with Glengarry Militia resulted in the death of the Legion's senior officer. Some Legion personnel that were not arrested, managed to escape DeVrie's men and began working under the command of Cadet-turned-Colonel Alexander Carlyle. The Baron's son, through the aid of Major Davis McCall, began a guerilla campaign against the 4th Skye Guards. Colonel Carlyle used the MagLev rail lines to move his company worth of forces to various sites. After winning their initial engagements with heavy casualties, the Legion was forced to move into the hinterlands of Glengarry as new Skye reinforcements made it impossible to combat the 4th Skye alone. The Legion forces on Glengarry went underground for seventh months, until a second Battalion of 'Mechs belonging to the Legion arrived on planet (after bypassing the Free Skye blockade). The second Battalion's arrival allowed Colonel Carlyle to change his tactics from cat-and-mouse to directly assaulting Skye forces at key cities. These actions managed to free Glengarry from control of Free Skye as Baron Carlyle arrived with the Northwind Highlanders to assure their planet's security.
During the Jihad, Glengarry was raided by Word of Blake forces in December 3069. The then-unknown 18th Division of the Word's Militia struck and destroyed the corporate security force known as Brewer's Legion. The 18th Division then went on inflict heavy damage on infrastructure, and they looted the Gray Death Technologies facility that the Legion was safeguarding. The Blakists specifically destroyed all of the investments the Draconis Combine businessman Chandrasekhar Kurita had made on Glengarry; this led Kurita to speculate that the Blakist force - a group he identified as the Shadow Hunters - might be specifically targeting him and his investments, given their recent attack on his Hachiman Taro Electronics facility on Thorin.
The formation of the Republic of the Sphere, brought a revival of the planet's ruined economy. Exarch Devlin Stone started a residence relocation program which brought new immigrants to the planet. A Republican government was organized, and for the first time in the planet's history, heavier manufacturing industries were setup to make the planet more self-sustaining.
Early Dark Age & Jade Falcon OccupationEdit
Governor Sean Weslean had been plotting for rebellion after Jonah Levin election as Exarch, but his plot was uncovered by Deandra Lowe and elements of the Hastati Sentinels led by Legate Nicolette Iniku were able to stop that insurrection thanks to quick action, though they faced several 'Mech equipped defenders though to be defending the Governor for a direct movement to kill him. Knight-Errant Sanford Wilson was sent to assist Legate Iniku with the repair efforts and the setting up of a temporary government until a replacement for Governor Weslean was sent on Glengarry.
Though the Jade Falcon invasion was defeated in August, they used Glengarry as a temporary headquarters to the Expedition's Occupation Zone of the Republic.
In October, a Steiner affiliated splinter group, the Stormhammers, raided Glengarry as part of an intelligence gathering mission. This lead to Inner Sphere Task Forces consisting of the Stormhammers and Steel Wolves raiding the planet in early November. The raid turned into a battle where they ended up facing the Jade Falcon leader, Galaxy Commander Malvina Hazen. Malvina ultimately forced the Inner Sphere raiding force to withdraw from the planet. The raids launched by the Steel Wolves and Stormhammers prompted Malvina Hazen to launch retaliatory attacks with nuclear weapons against the raider's DropShips in November. Having recently been involved in attacks against Republican worlds, Anastasia Kerensky's efforts to defend worlds such as Glengarry attacked by the Jade Falcons was viewed by the Republic Armed Forces as her attempting to redeem the Steel Wolves.
3054 to 3059Edit
- - At this point in time, the IX Protectors were at 40% strength, with 48% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Glengarry has at least three continents, Kintyre being the smallest.
- Gray Death Technologies - Established by former Battle Armor techs of the Gray Death. Gray Death Technologies (GDTech) was established in the mid 3060s as a joint effort between Defiance Industries of Hesperus II and the mercenary techs who originally produced the suits for The Gray Death Legion. It was one of the first and only dedicated Battle Armor production planets in the Lyran Alliance until the Jihad, when the factory was badly damaged in 3068.
| Closest 48 systems (47 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Skondia||49.8||Alkalurops||51.8||Yed Posterior||53.3||Halmyre Deans||53.5|
- Historical Turning Points: Glengarry, p. 3, "Glengarry Planetary Data"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 213, "Glengarry World Profile"
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere, p. 20 "Prefecture IX"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth before  and after at their founding in "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"</ref name="H:Wo3039p132">
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 21, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii , "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Blood of Skye, p. 119, "Skye Coalition forces fight Jade Falcons occupided Glengarry"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Tactics of Duty, pp. 32-33 (PDF edition)
- Historical Turning Points: Glengarry, p. 5, "Glengarry (Profile)" - Short planet history, includes some details not shown in other sources.
- Historical Turning Points: Glengarry, p. 4
- Historical Turning Points: Glengarry, p. 7, "Battle of Glengarry" - Summary of the 1st Battle for Glengarry.
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 48, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 91, "18th Division" - 18th Division noted as being Blakist force that raided Glenngarry's Gray Death Industries.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 15, "On The Precipice"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 83, "Berith" - Berith reportedly squashing last of anti-resistance cells on Glengarry.
- 3135 PDA Journals, p. 62 "05 July 3135"
- Flight of the Falcon, p. 38, "Jade Falcon Expedition begins their invasion".
- Blood of Isle, p. 121, "Stormhammers Raid Glengarry".
- Blood of Isle, p. 119, "Glengarry raided by Stormhammers/Steel Wolves task force".
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 9, "Important Military Actions of 3134"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 10A, "Dark Age Timeline"
- Era Digest: Dark Age, p. 10, "3134: Breaking Point"
- Objective Raids, p. 22, "FedCom Deployment Table
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 109, "Mercenary Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- "Tactics of Duty", Prologue
- "Tactics of Duty", Ch. 1
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 143, "Gray Death Technologies" - Snapshot information on Glengarry factory.
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 91, "GDTech damaged and looted in '68. Unknown if the factory was rebuilt".
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Digest: Dark Age
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: Mercenaries
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Historical Turning Points: Glengarry
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Tactics of Duty (novel)
- 3135 PDA Journals
- Dark Age: Republic of the Sphere