- This article is about the planetary system. For the combat vehicle, see Glory.
Glory nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||99.292 : 1835.555[e]|
- Star Type (Recharge Time): G4IV (185 hours)
- Position In System: 4 (of 5)
- Time to Jump Point: 7.96 days
- Number of Satellites: 1
- Surface water: 50%
- Atmosphere: Standard (Breathable)
- Surface gravity: 0.9
- Equatorial Temperature: 40°C
- Recharging Station: Unknown
- HPG Class Type: Unknown
- Highest Native Life: Mammals
- Population: 6,200,000 in 3062
Garrisoning Military ForceEdit
- 2571 - Unknown Planet
- 2750 - Unknown Planet
- c. 2850 - Clan Jade Falcon, Clan Wolf
- 3025 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3030 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3040 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3052 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3057 - Clan Jade Falcon 
- 3062 - Clan Jade Falcon - 45%, Clan Wolf - 55% 
- 3067 - Clan Jade Falcon - 52%, Clan Wolf - 48% 
- 3070 - Clan Steel Viper - 52%, Clan Wolf - 48% 
- 3075 - Clan Coyote - 70 %, Clan Goliath Scorpion - 25%, Clan Stone Lion - 5%
- 3085 - Clan Stone Lion - 70%, Clan Coyote - 30%
Planetary Description and Notable LandmarksEdit
The planet is known for its low mountains, sparse and runty vegetation, and its breathable air.
- Glory Station - This was originally a Clan Jade Falcon military outpost located on the planet. It is located one hundred kilometers from the jungles, which are known as the Blood Swamp. Outside the enclave is Glory Plains, a large expanse of flatlands.
- The Blood Swamp - This is the planet's most notorious landmark, which is part of Glory's jungle region. It is which as noted for its powerful odors and dangerous landscape. Local legends on the planet tells the story of a demigod or demon known as Cadix which unleashed his odors into the swamp and dove into it, becoming the aroma itself. The swamp had a number of hidden quicksand pits and other pitfalls lurking in its misty interior.
Planetary History BriefsEdit
Glory was discovered and colonized during the Golden Century (and therefore presumably after the death of Nicholas Kerensky). Both Clan Jade Falcon and Wolf "almost simultaneously" started colonies there. While the adaptive Wolves thrived on Glory, the Jade Falcons could not exploit the efforts of their lower castes, due to their rigid interpretations of Clan caste hierarchy. The Jade Falcons ultimately focused their efforts on "other directions". Whether the Jade Falcons abandoned Glory completely is questionable, considering their later interest in and possession of the colony.
Early Thirty-First CenturyEdit
In early decades of the century, half of Glory was controlled by Clan Jade Falcon. While not explicitly stated, Clan Wolf is likely to have maintained possession of at least part of the colony.
Battle of Glory StationEdit
Prior to the Clan return to the Inner Sphere in the late 3040s, the planet's most noted battle was during a Trial of Possession between Clan Wolf and Clan Jade Falcon. Clan Wolf's 16th Battle Cluster bid then garrison commander, Star Colonel Kael Pershaw for the possession over his genetic legacy. The Falcon's chose to fight on the Glory Plains. However, the battle did not unfold as Pershaw had planned. A Clan Falcon Trinary of 'Mechs inbound on a DropShip, was attacked by Wolf aerospace fighters and crashed down into the Blood Swamp region.
The Wars of Reaving EraEdit
Beginning in late 3069, Glory became subject of number of Trials of Possession by various Home Clans. Late in that year, Clan Steel Viper's forces would take Glory Station from the Jade Falcons. In May 3071, Clan's Wolf's control of their portion of the planet would soon be taken by various Clans. Notably, Steel Viper's Gamma Galaxy attempt to take the rest of the planet would be blocked by Clan Coyote's Delta Galaxy allowing the Wolves's 12th Wolf Regulars to withdraw from the planet. Wolf enclaves would soon be controlled by the Coyotes, however this would only last for a single year. After razing the Kerensky Blood Chapel in early 3072, Coyote's gifted enclave would come under attack by the combined forces of Clan Goliath Scorpion and Clan Fire Mandrill's Kindraa Mattila-Carrol. The Coyote's 120th Strike Cluster was crippled by losing its commander in the fighting, dividing the Coyote's enclave between the two Clans.
In 3079, the Clan Star Adders would seize Clan Goliath Scorpion's holding on Glory due to their Abjuration from the Clan Homeworlds. The Adders moved key facilities from Clan Scorpion's enclaves to wither them away. The Scorpions quickly evacuated to Roche.
| Closest 20 systems (7 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
Other than the published novel, Bloodname, there is little or no information regarding Glory in further books.
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 107, "Clan-Space Worlds Table": Basic Planetary Data list.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 235, "The Wars of Reaving Campaign"
- The Legend of the Jade Phoenix, p. 45 - Kael Pershaw announcing name his Cluster in bid to defend Glory Station. Note: exact date not listed anywhere.
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, p. 155 - "Crusader Clans Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Crusader Clans, "Clan Wolf: The Golden Century", p. 135
- The Clans: Warriors of Kerensky p. 114
- Field Manual Update p. 39
- The Wars of Reaving p. 47 - The Vipers Strike - Steel Vipers note conquest of Glory over Clan Jade Falcon.
- The Wars of Reaving p. 248
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 249 - 3085 Political control results for Glory.
- Bloodname p. 11, Chapter 1 - Kael Pershaw reflects on Glory's noted features.
- Bloodname p. 71, Chapter 8 - Aidan Pryde, while leading rescue party to downed DropShip, noted the terrible odors getting into his 'Mech's cockpit.
- Bloodname p. 11, Chapter 1 - Kael Pershaw makes note of half of Glory had recently joined Clan Jade Falcon.
- Bloodname chapters 8-20 - History of Battle for Glory Station.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 47, 67 - Vipers arrive and conquer Jade Falcon enclave. A couple of years later, Wolves would retreat from the planet with aid of the Coyotes.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 82 - Glory attacked & conquered by the Fire Mandrill's 61st Firestorm Cluster and Goliath Scorpion's 14th Scorpion Grenadiers.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 184 Amanda Carrol - Khan and her Kindraa lost on Glory.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 158 Escorpión Imperio - Clan profile reveals loss of its Glory enclave to the Star Adders.
- The Wars of Reaving, p. 248 - Political Balance - Stones & Coyotes would be noted their portions of control of Glory.