|Mech type||Clan/Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Endo Steel (IS)|
|Armor||Compound 12A1 Standard|
|Engine||Nissan 200 XL|
|Communications System||Dash-2 w/Angel ECM|
|Targeting Tracking System||Blade 12 with Active Probe|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (2.0)||1,707 |
The Gravedigger was introduced by Odin Manufacturing in an effort to stave off bankruptcy. The company's plants sustained heavy damage in the Second Combine-Ghost Bear War, and the Gravedigger was produced to generate much needed capital. Based on Inner Sphere Endo Steel chassis and powered by an Inner Sphere Extralight Engine, the Gravedigger's chassis was relatively cheap to produce. Ten double heat sinks keep the 'Mech operating at peak performance. Protected by eleven tons of armor, the Gravedigger can shrug off a lot of damage before failing. When introduced it used standard Inner Sphere weaponry, but after the massive infusion of money from sales to mercenary forces, Odin created a new version with Clan-spec weaponry and additional electronics. 
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Gravedigger carries an Type DDS "Kingston" ER PPC, Type OVR-X LB 5-X autocannon, and a Type XV "Culverin" Streak LRM-15 launcher. These weapons have complimentary range profiles, and work well together. The PPC can breach armor and allow cluster munitions from the LB 5-X or missiles from the Streak launcher to exploit the gaps. This allows the Gravedigger to threaten 'Mechs much heavier than itself. In addition, the LB 5-X's cluster rounds are very effective against infantry, vehicles, and AeroSpace Fighters. The 'Mech also uses an Angel ECM Suite to spoil enemy electronics and a Clan-built Active Probe to find enemy units. 
- This was the variant first introduced by Odin Manufacturing, and it can be found across the Inner Sphere. The only difference between this and the GDR-1D is in the payload. In place of the electronics and weapons of the 1D, this version mounts a standard LRM-15, a Large Laser, and a Rotary AC/5. The AC and LRM launcher are each given two tons of ammunition. The 'Mech's ground speed and protection remain unchanged. BV (2.0) = 1,342 
The Gravedigger is subject to the following Design Quirks:
The Gravedigger was originally introduced to the BattleTech universe by WizKids in their MechWarrior: Age of Destruction Collectible Miniatures Game as part of the Gunslinger release of plastic miniatures. Which were at the time unique named mechs "Iceberg" and "Pestilence" which were both listed as the GDR-1D-M variant.
The Gravedigger would later re-introduced into the Battletech universe with release of Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans]. The Wizkids' Liao Incursion have unique pilots for the game's Gunslinger expansion. The C and D variants' record sheets would not be introduced until Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged was published.
- MUL online date for the Gravedigger
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 36-37, "Gravedigger"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 445
- Technical Readout: 3150, pp. 150-151, "GDR-1D Gravedigger"
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 88, "GDR-1C Gravedigger"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 444
- Warrenborne listing of Gravedigger