Green Mountain Boys
|Green Mountain Boys: Live Free Or Die|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|CO||Major Ethan Allen|
The roots of the command are exotic. Their founder is a Lyran citizen who served first in the LCAF and later with the Jureck's Jaegers. The commander discover a Lostech cache on Risin. Another mercenary unit, the Blades of Death, defeated the Jaegers to claim the cache and executed the CO of the Jaegers, taking the booty and captured troops with them to be sold. Woodrow Ethan Allen was made a slave in the Marian Hegemony. There he led a revolt and was rescued by a Canopian raiding force. With four captured 'Mechs taken from the Marians the foundation of the unit were laid.
In 3042 Ian Calderon, a member of the ruling family of the Taurian Concordat joined the unit as a MechWarrior. The next contract brought the enlarged force back to Canopus. The unit has since been in long term employment with the MAF.
|Commanding Officers of the Green Mountain Boys|
|Major||Woodrow Ethan Allen||3058 - 3067|
The unit prefers mobile warfare to catch the enemy on the wrong foot.
The unit can cover all technical demands by their own. The command has no transport capacity.
The Lone Wolves mercenary unit are familiar with the Green Mountain Boys due to their need to work to maintain their battlemechs and vehicles and their connection with the Calderon family who produces countermeasure capable electronics from the Lone Wolves time at previous duty stations.
Dragoon Rating: B-
- CO: Major Woodrow Ethan Allen
Green Mountain Boys (Battalion/Veteran/Reliable) 
- CO: Major Woodrow Ethan Allen 
- Note: At this point in time the unit was stationed on Detroit. 
Green Mountain Boys(Reinforced Battalion/Veteran/Reliable)
- The 16 lances are made mainly of light/mediums designs, roughly half of the mechs are upgraded with Lostech.
Old Men of the Mountain(1 Battalion/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Major Lincoln Coleman
- XO: Captain Vinson Smith
- The unit prefers anti-'Mech tactics so as to capture 'Mechs for their own Dispossessed.
In The Periphery, 2nd Edition (sourcebook) page 13, it is listed that one of the sons of Thomas Calderon joined this unit in 3042 as a Mechwarrior. No other information is given about Ian Calderon from that source on in any other Periphery themed manual in my possession.Deeppockets 02:14, 23 June 2010 (UTC)
- Periphery (2nd Edition), pa. 41, The Magistracy Armed Forces - Deployment as of 3058
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 112
- The Galtor Campaign, p. 17