Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Halloran V neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||72.894 : -77.022[e]|
- 2306 - Marlette Association 
- 2309 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2366 - Tikonov Grand Union 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation  
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2786 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation  
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation  
- 3025 - Federated Suns  
- 3030 - Federated Suns  
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3058 - Federated Commonwealth  
- 3063 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3067 - Federated Suns  
- 3075 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3081 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
- 3135 - Independent world 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3130|
|Ruler|| Lucian Rogstad (Governor) (3130)|
Shimon Tauben (Planetary Legate) (3130)
|Population|| 1,237,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Rebecca Armstrong)|
The inhabitants of Halloran V developed two major industries that continued into the thirty-second century; the export of ice and copper. The export of ice eventually slowed when planetary officials listened to advice that recommended slowing the export in face of the very real risk that the supply of icebergs was likely to be exhausted inside a century, something that would've precipitated a major ecological crisis. Seventy percent of the planetary population would come to live on Chimera, and both the planetary capital city, Gethin, and the largest single city on the planet, Vanders, were located in the Shobol River valley on that continent. Tonka Li and Tonka Lu were never subject to high levels of development because of the active volcanoes there, whilst Newfoundland and Sunderland provided the copper exported by the colonists. Like the nearby worlds of Algol and Demeter Halloran V imported quantities of the giant fish native to the planet Buchlau.
With the election of General Diana Chinn to the Tikonov Tetrarchy in 2307, the Tikonov Grand Union began an ambitious gamble against the Marlette Association, and a number of Marlette Association worlds were invaded and annexed in short order. Tikonov Grand Union forces commanded by Diana Chinn conquered Halloran V in early 2309.
In 3006 the Blackwind Lancers and Marion's Highlanders used Halloran V as a base to raid the Federated Suns. Wolf's Dragoons landed their Beta, Gamma, and Delta Regiments (supported by Zeta Battalion and the Seventh Kommando) on the world and five days later the CCAF units were driven off the planet.
Halloran V was one of the worlds hit by the CCAF as a part of Operation THUNDERSTRIKE, the Capellan counteroffensive prompted by Duke George Hasek's Operation SOVEREIGN JUSTICE. The CCAF hit Halloran V on the 9th of August 3069. The Word of Blake turned the two-way battle for Halloran V into a three-way battle on the 13th of October when Blakist naval forces began to bombard Halloran V from orbit. The Capellan forces consisted of the veteran Sixth Confederation Reserve Cavalry who initially faced no significant opposition, but the Federated Suns Armored Cavalry arrived several weeks later and forced the Sixth to fight a fast cavalry campaign on Chimera - exactly the kind of campaign the Armored Cavalry excelled at, up until the Blakist bombardment of Chimera, which all but destroyed both units as well as levelling the major cities on the continent.
Halloran V was given strategic importance for the first time in its history by the WoB. The Word raised the Halloran V Protectorate Militia, constructed ground-based capital-missile launch facilities for asophisticated SDS, positioned a Pocket WarShip squadron, and deployed a network of Caspar II SDS drones around the planet.
During the Jihad, Halloran V was raided on the 26th of March 3076 by scouts from the allied coalition formed by Devlin Stone. Operating independently rather than as a part of Stone's coalition, Capellan Confederation forces were fighting to liberate Halloran V on the 27th of February 3077 when the system's fully-operational SDS network allegedly destroyed the Feng Huang-class CCS Franco Martell, one of the Confederation's few WarShips. According to reports in the Capellan media, Halloran V had been liberated by the 27th of February and had rejoined the Confederation.
An exclusive report by a news agency based on New Avalon in the Federated Suns carried an interview purporting to confirm the destruction of the Franco Martell. Broadcast on the 18th of March The interview featured Harry Chevalle, the Captain of an independent merchant vessel named Ponsatrain. The Ponsatrain had apparently been in transit to Halloran V when it observed a swathe of new orbital satellites and orbital stations above the planet. The new facilities hadn't responded to the Ponsatrain, which observed the orders given by the planetary Traffic Control, but became active when the Franco Martell appeared in the system. The satellites moved slowly around the Franco Martell - implying that they may not have been satellites, as conventional satellites are not recognized as moving on an interplanetary scale, however slowly - and then upwards of twenty of the satellites launched missiles at the Capellan WarShip. The missiles - described as "ship killer missiles" by Chevalle - inflicted considerable damage on the Franco Martell by dint of numbers, rather than individual striking power, and when the Franco Martell moved into a drop position over the planet's surface it was struck by additional missiles from the surface, which allegedly destroyed the ship.
Even with the destruction of their WarShip, the Capellan forces continued fighting, and the Laurel's Legion, Lockhardt's Ironsides, Fifth McCarron's Armored Cavalry had by early April the Protectorate Militia in full rout. But the Word of Blake forces on Halloran V were reinforced on the 3rd of April by the arrival of the 48th Shadow Division, allowing the Blakists to recapture the planet. The vicious counterassault turned into a protracted conflict that lasted a brutal eighteen months (September 3078) before the Word relented and left the Confederation two shattered units, a broken world, and a claim of victory.
- - At this point in time the Lockhardt's Ironsides operating at 30% of full strength, with 40% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
Halloran V has three continents and two archipelagoes and is a generally bleak and barren arctic world. A relatively young planet, Halloran V is still geologically active and has been in the grip of an ice age since its first human habitation. As late as the thirty-second century ice sheets covered thirty-five percent of both the northern and southern hemispheres despite the export of ice being one of the two largest industries on the planet.
Of the various landmasses on Halloran V the largest is the continent of Chimera, which is also the most temperate of the various continents thanks to its equatorial location. In the northern hemisphere lies the continent of Newfoundland, while the continent of Sunderland lies in the southern hemisphere, and both are barren, frozen lands. The two archipelagoes on the planet are named Tonka Li and Tonka Lu, and both remain notably geologically active with numerous active volcanoes on both.
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 154, "Halloran V"
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 105, "Halloran V"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 22
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 48, "Federated Suns after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 54, "Federated Suns after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 60, "Federated Suns after Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 70, "Federated Suns after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 72, "Federated Suns after Fourth Succession War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 76, "Federated Suns after War of "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 78, "Federated Suns after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 82, "Federated Suns after FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Dark Age Republic Worlds (3130), p. 99, "Buchlau"
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), pp. 7-8
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- Total Chaos, p. 162-163, "HALLORAN V"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 21, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 55, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 57, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 40, "Liberation At Hand"
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 41, "What We Saw"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 136, "First Succession War Deployment Table - CCAF"
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook), p. 7
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 100, "Halloran V"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 16, "Citizen's Honored Regimental Status"
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Davion
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries (Video Game)
- Wolf's Dragoons (sourcebook)