|HCL-1 Heavy Lifter|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere IndustrialMech|
Developed just prior to the FedCom Civil War, the Heavy Lifter, is a Quad legged IndustrialMech design for commercial cargo hauling in the Federated Suns. It was created as a direct competitor with N&D WorkMechs's similar and older Uni CargoMech series.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Not intended for combat, the Heavy Lifter is designed essentially to outperform the Uni in freight hauling business. Its Quadrupedal leg arrangement allows for it traverse terrain easier than most conventional vehicles, however it performance is further enhanced with the presence of a Fusion Engine. Like all IndustrialMechs, the Heavy Lifter has industrial cockpit and uses 14.5 Tons of industrial grade armor. To allow the design to travel through hazardous environments or in vacuum worlds with no atmosphere, the Heavy Lifter is further enhanced with Environmental Sealing.
In its task as a CargoMech, the design features two Lift Hoists mounted in each of it's side torsos. To further strengthen its carrying capacity, Industrial Triple Strength Myomer is added. The 'Mech also has a small internal cargo capacity, which is allotted in two 1-ton cargo holds which are located in each of the Heavy Lifter's side torsos.
- As of this writing, MUL Profile for the Heavy Lifter has minimum information regarding the design save introduction year and technology level used to make it. During the Jihad Achernar's BattleMech production facilities were heavily damaged and it is unknown if the Heavy Lifter remains in production in the aftermath of the Word of Blake occupation.
- The Heavy Lifter featured in Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons was originally used as the image of the Uni.
- MUL Profile for the Heavy Lifter - Introduction Date Only
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 77 RCL-1 Heavy Lifter CargoMech - "Battle Value (2.0)."
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, page 222 Uni CargoMech - "Heavy Lifer is mention among the competitions of the Uni and article briefly notes on design's features and background.
- CGL Writer jymset, clarifies what type armor was used for the Heavy Lifter and now much on Official BattleTech Forums - Ask Writers Thread 1/27/2015.
- Record Sheets: Vehicle Annex, IndustrialMechs & Exoskeletons, p. 77 RCL-1 Heavy Lifter CargoMech - "Stats for the Heavy Lifter, lists features not mentioned in TRO: VAR text."