|Model 96C Howdah|
|Manufacturer||Nimakachi Fusion Products Limited|
|Use||Tug / SDS Controller Ship|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Drive System||PlasmaStar Interplanetary Drives|
|Armament|| 10 x Gauss Rifles |
12 x PPCs
11 x ER Large Lasers
4 x LRM 10+ArtIV
10 x Medium Lasers
|Armor|| 77 tons Ferro-Aluminum armor|
Nose = 371
Sides = 325
Aft = 279
|Crew|| 9 Officers |
10 Bay personnel
|Heat Sinks||200 (400)|
Commissioned in 2695, the Howdah was originally was based on a early variant of the Model 96 "Elephant" space tug. Aside from its role of providing a mobile drone controlling platform, the ship would also act as aerospace drone fighter carrier, controlling and maintaining six drones.
When it was first commissioned, the drone fighter complement consisted of six MK20 SwiftStar Robotic Drones, which were replaced over the decades with Mk30 Blackwasp and later Mk39 Voidseeker robotic fighters.
Armament and CapacitiesEdit
The Howdah shares much of the 2650 update of the Model 96 Elephant's armor, engine, tug adapter, and weapons. Unlike later versions of the Elephant it does not feature Extended Range PPCs. For protection, the ship is armored with 77 tons of Ferro-Aluminum armor, with slightly more of this thick armor protection found on the nose.
The weapons bays are laid out as follows:
- Nose Section: ER Large Laser with two Medium Lasers, four standard PPCs, two Gauss Rifles and an Artemis IV Fire Control System-guided LRM-10 launcher;
- Forward Side Arcs : One bay contains a ER Large Laser with two Medium Lasers, along with two standard PPCs, two Gauss Rifles and an Artemis guided LRM-10 launcher;
- Aft Arcs: Two standard PPCs, a pair of PPCs, a pair of Medium Lasers and two Gauss Rifles in their own weapons bays;
- Aft Arc: This section of the ship has quad of ER Large Lasers, a pair of Medium Lasers and Artemis IV Guided LRM Launcher.
For its primary mission as a drone command ship and aerospace fighter carrier, the Howdah features an Autonomous Tactical Analysis Computer (ATAC), which can handle up to 20 drones at a time.
- Bay 1: Cargo (1,462 tons) - 1 Door
- Bay 2: Small Craft (2) - 2 Doors
- Bay 3: ARTS Fighter Cubicles (6) - 4 Doors
- MUL online date for the Howdah
- TRO:3075 p. 196 - BattleValue 2.0
- MUL Profile with Battle Value/Introduction Date for the Howdah SDS Command Ship
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 171-172 - Model 96C Howdah - Detailed background of the Howdah
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 86, Model 96 Type DropShip "Elephant" - Early version mentioned as base model of the Howdah.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 171-172 - Model 96C Howdah - Detailed background of the Howdah originating based on the original version of the Model 96 Type "Elephant" Cass DropShip