|Manufacturer||Hector MechWorks Facility Beta|
|Chassis||Hellion Light V3|
|Armor||Compound Alpha Standard|
|Communications System||Build 1685 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series VI Integrated TTS|
Created in the late 29th century, the Icestorm is an incredibly fast BattleMech that is used as a scout and a spotter. It is based off of the Cameroon, a Star League design that was modified by Clan Ice Hellion Khan Stephan Cage. Its speed is its defense, not its paltry three and a half tons of standard armor, and its meager weapons do not tax the ten single heat sinks. The Icestorm still sees use in the majority of Hellion Galaxies, though Clan Wolf also maintains a fair number in their garrison Clusters.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Designed around short-range weaponry, the lightning-fast Icestorm can quickly close and use its Series 2f ER Medium Laser and Pattern Alpha SRM-2. While this may seem a meager offense, even the heaviest of units must respect the firepower that its Hellion Class Homing TAG could call down.
- Icestorm 2
- The Jihad variant of this ancient Clan design features some advanced tech equipment in its redesign. The 'Mech's standard Fusion Engine & standard armor have been exchanged for an XL Model & Ferro-Fibrous armor. The 'Mech's main weaponry consists of a pair of Heavy Medium Lasers mounted in the right arm and right torso. Its only secondary weapon is an advanced tech ER Flamer, which is mounted in the head. The 'Mech has been equipped with a Clan Light TAG device to assist in the spotting role for artillery & missile fire support missions. BV (2.0) = 868
- MUL online date for the Icestorm
- Combat Operations, p. 115
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 204
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 205, "Ice Storm's Jihad era variant".