Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Itabaiana neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||127.168 : 307.557[e]|
|Recharge time||189 hours|
| Jump point
|Moons||3 (São Cristóvão, Diamante, Cara dos Peixes)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||25°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Amphibians|
|Reference Year||3076 - 3079|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Clan)|
- Ca. 2200-2209 - Terran Alliance 
- 2242 - Independent world 
- 2319 - Independent world 
- 2571 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2764 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 2822 - Draconis Combine 
- 2864 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Clan Nova Cat 
- 3057 - Clan Nova Cat 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3076 - Clan Diamond Shark 
- 3079 - Clan Diamond Shark
- 3081 - Draconis Combine 
- 3085 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Clan Sea Fox 
- 3135 - Draconis Combine 
- 3145 - Draconis Combine 
The fourth planet in the system, Itabaiana was originally known as Salem IV. The planet had been surveyed by the Terran New Habitat corporation, who had identified abundant deposits of rhenium and wanted to mine those deposits; the corporation felt that contracting with an ethnically homogenous group to provide the workforce would represent an efficient way of profitably colonizing and developing the world. As a result, Salem IV was settled by a group of Brazilian workers seeking their fortune in the early 2200s.
The planet has six continents, Mato Grosso where the capital city Brasilia is located, Arado, Cauda do Macaco, Cerrado, Coelho and Tesouras.
Following the rise of the Liberal party in the Terran Alliance in 2237 and the subsequent Demarcation Declaration, the Salemites found themselves forced into unsought independence, left to survive - or not - on their own. After a few decades it was obvious to the population of Salem IV that they had been abandoned for good by Terra, and a national referendum was held to select a new name for the world that better reflected the population's origins and homeland. As a result, Salem IV became Itabaiana.
Itabaiana soon attracted the attention of the Ozawa Mercantile Association, and shortly after, the Alliance of Galedon; Shiro Kurita, leader of the Alliance, was prosecuting a war against the Mercantile Association, and Itabaiana was soon absorbed into the growing Kuritan stellar empire. The ethnically Brazilian founding population would eventually become a minority section of the population on Itabaiana, but periodically the fashion for giving children Portuguese names would arise in the resident population, evoking those original colonists.
The Star LeagueEdit
Itabaiana became one of the top suppliers of rhenium to companies contracted to the Star League Defense Force, and as a result attracted a small SLDF garrison; this garrison was a source of some tension with House Kurita, who wasted no time annexing all of the factories, mines and industrial plants associated with the rhenium industry in the fallout from the Exodus.
The Succession WarsEdit
Following the seizure of the rhenium production industry on Itabaiana, the planet continued to produce industrial-grade rhenium, this time supplying the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. The population found themselves feeling exposed to predation from the Lyran Commonwealth throughout the Succession Wars, as the Combine High Command never bothered installing a significant garrison on Itabaiana, a decision that would remain in effect until the Clan Invasion.
The Clan EraEdit
When Gunji no Kanrei Theodore Kurita received word from First Prince Hanse Davion that the Federated Commonwealth wouldn't launch attacks on the Combine while both states were committed to fighting the Clans, Theodore redeployed units from along the Commonwealth border to the front line against the Clans, and it was during these months that the Fourth An Ting Legion were most likely redeployed from Valentina to the battlegrounds of the Alshain Military District. Clan Smoke Jaguar faced the heaviest resistance yet seen from the DCMS, as the bolstered troops fought for every centimeter of ground and even forced the Jaguars to withdraw from a number of worlds attacked during the Fourth Wave of Operation REVIVAL because they had underestimated the strength of the opposition and underbid when competing for worlds to invade.
The Fourth was reported to have been heavily damaged by Smoke Jaguar forces on Itabaiana in 3050 and driven into the mountains; with no contact from survivors as of 3059, the DCMS declared the unit to have been destroyed. When forces from Clan Nova Cat invaded Itabaiana in January 3052 the planetary government surrendered immediately to elements of the 179th Striker Cluster because they had no forces to defend the planet with, effectively confirming the destruction of the Fourth.
In contrast with the former owners, the Nova Cats installed a substantial garrison to protect the planet and its various riches. The planet would remain a Nova Cat holding until the Nova Cats and the Combine entered into an alliance and reconciliation, at which point the Combine captured the world through a spirited soccer match between the Forty-fourth Nova Cat Cavaliers and the Fifth Sun Zhang Cadre. Despite having effectively ceded control to the Combine, the Nova Cats would continue to be a presence on Itabaiana as the world would be incorporated into the Irece Prefecture.
The Nova Cats would remain in administrative control of Itabaiana until a series of trials between the Nova Cats and Clan Diamond Shark in 3065 reached a mutually beneficial trade agreement between the two parties, the terms of which included the Diamond Sharks receiving control of Itabaiana as a holding in the Inner Sphere in exchange for the Nova Cats receiving 2% of the HarJel production from the Twycross system, first refusal on the rhenium exports from Itabaiana for ten years, and a discount on all rhenium purchases.
Following the agreement, Itabaiana became the Diamond Shark capital in the Inner Sphere, with the Diamond Shark Khan, Barbara Sennet, setting up her office in Brasilia and a Clan Council Hall was established some ten miles outside Brasilia. The Diamond Sharks expanded the factory complex that the Nova Cats had erected on the Tesouras continent, and by 3076 had established two more factory complexes on Mato Grosso and Coelho.
In the mid-3070s the Diamond Shark Sovetskii Soyuz-class WarShip CDS Nagasawa was in orbit above Itabaiana as a permanent naval garrison, and the IndustriPlex-C plant had become the Diamond Shark's largest planet-bound mobile factory, brought to Itabaiana from their homeworld holdings. The IndustriPlex-C facility was the primary Diamond Shark OmniMech production site, but also produced a large part of their battle armor production. More importantly, the IndustriPlex-C facility was the center of Diamond Shark research and development, with Scientist-General Judy Bland on site, working on the development of rotary autocannon.
An agreeable world with an exceedingly pleasant climate, Itabaiana lacks much by way of distinguishing geographical features. Each of the six major continents, Arado, Cauda do Macaco, Cerrado, Coelho, Mato Grosso and Tesouras, features substantial rhenium deposits , although the Tesouras continent has been largely depopulated after strip-mining during the Combine period has largely destroyed the ecosystem on that continent. The capital city of the world, Brasilia, is located on the coast of Mato Grosso and has the only spaceport on the planet.
- Eleventh Pesht Regulars
- Diamond Skate
- Seventh Cruiser Cluster
- Thirty-fifth Cruiser Cluster
- Fifty-seventh Combine Assault Cluster
- This planet is often misspelled as 'Itabiana' in several sources.
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 154, "Itabaiana - Clan Diamand Shark Key Worlds"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 4, "Itabaiana"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 154, "Itabaiana"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding" -  Map
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 31, "Draconis Combine after Age of War -  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - [2596 Map]"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Draconis Combine Map - "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map -  Map"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 27, "Ghost Bear Dominion & Kungsarmé Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Invading Clans, p. 59, "Fourth Wave: The Jaguar Stumbles"
- 20 Year Update, p. 41
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 97, "An Ting Legions: Return to Prosperity"
- Invading Clans, p. 119, "Itabaiana (DC)"
- Field Manual: Comstar, p.126
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 152, "Shark Mobile Production Sites"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 113, "Clan Industry"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 139, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 42, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 128, "Nova Cats Deployment Table"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 148, "Sea Change"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 155, "Deathstrike Galaxy (Alpha)"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 155, "Predator Galaxy (Beta)"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 8, "Clan Diamond Shark Deployment Status"
- Objectives: The Clans, p.4
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 124, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 130, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 4, "Auxiliary Production Site 4"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 4, "Clan Diamond Shark IndustriPlex-C"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 4, "Manufacturing Plant DSF-IT1"
- CBT: Ask the Writers - "Itabaiana/Itabiana": confirmation of the proper name spelling
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Report: Clans
- Field Report: DCMS
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- Invading Clans
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objectives: The Clans