BE701 Joust(Redirected from Joust BE700)
|BE701 Joust Medium Tank|
|Mission||Main Battle/ Skirmisher|
|Armor||Advanced Compound Beta|
|Engine||200 Standard Fusion|
|Communications System||Build 1685/6 Tacticom|
|Targeting Tracking System||Series XXVIII IWS|
Created by Clan Nova Cat after the success of the Shoden, the Joust was designed to be a well-rounded medium tank. With a wide mix of weapons, the Joust is a versatile design, capable of handling a multitude of roles and missions. Additionally, the Joust has eight tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor, double that of the similar Ares tank, enhancing the Joust's survivability. The tank was designed shortly after the creation of the SM1 Tank Destroyer Hover Tank during the Jihad. Early versions of the Joust had problems with their fire control programs, occasionally causing the ER Large Laser to fire unexpectedly.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
- Joust BE700
- The BE701 was based on an earlier vehicle, the Joust BE700 which featured a different loadout. This tank was protected by 9.5 tons of Ferro Fibrous armor and used a Clan made XL Engine. Armament was slightly different, with an ATM 9 launcher taking the place of the LRM-10 seen in exported vehicles. The BE700 also carried a Light Active Probe to find hidden forces. The ER Large Laser remained the same, but the BE700 only carried four Light Machine Guns. BV (2.0) = 1,307
The Joust was originally created for WizKids's MWDA gameline. The vehicle's name was originally produced as BE701 Joust. However, line-developers with Catalyst Game Labs who produced their own rendition of the vehicle, have redone the name placing its model number in middle of its name, making it the Joust BE701 Medium Tank. It was done to conform with naming conventions established for current BattleTech line.
- MUL online date for the BE701 Joust
- Record Sheets: MechWarrior Dark Age I, p. 23
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 189
- Eta Nova Cat Dossier, - "Commentary section" - fluff mentions the vehicle's creation.
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 136
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 137