|Mech type||Clan BattleMech|
|Chassis||Alshain LXL Endo Steel|
|Armor||Forging AD56 Standard|
|Engine||400 Fusion XL|
|Communications System||Garret L20|
|Targeting Tracking System||RCA Instatrac Mark IX w/Artemis IV|
|Heat Sinks||20 Double Heat Sinks|
Designed for Clan Ghost Bear, the Kodiak II is an Assault Class BattleMech which was first produced during the last decade of the thirty-first century. The 'Mech was engineered so it could serve as both a Command 'Mech and as a powerful assault 'Mech via a fitting of a heavy arsenal of missiles and a large array of energy weaponry. The design is based on the fourth variant of the original Kodiak.
The Kodiak II would become a favorite design within the Clan Ghost Bear touman, being produced on Alshain at the Alshain Weapons factory. One of the Kodiak II's noted actions was during a border skirmish on the world of Jabuka, wherein elements of Clan Jade Falcon's 53rd Battle Cluster tangled with the 2nd Bear Regulars commanded by Star Colonel Anton Hall from the cockpit of a Kodiak II. The 'Mech would show its perseverance in the face of the 53rd's artillery bombardment of the Star Colonel's surviving units and ended up being the deciding factor which won the battle for the Ghost Bears.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Kodiak II is known for its Command facilities and its endurance. The powerful 'Mech carries 19 tons of Alshain Weapon's Forging AD56 Standard armor, giving it heavy resistance against weapons fire directed at it. At the heart of the machine is a 400-rated Extra-Light Fusion Engine, which while not as quick as other designs its weight saving qualities allows the 'Mech to carry is substantial weapons load out.
The Kodiak II's long-range weaponry revolves around pair of arm mounted 20-tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers, backed up by a single 10-tubed model found in the left torso. These missile launchers are guided by Artemis IV Fire Control Systems, allowing the 'Mech weapons to deliver its multiple tons of ammunition on target. Backing up the missile launchers is an Extended Range Partial Projection Cannon, found in the right torso. While it does need to close into brawling range to use them, the Kodiak II has 8 Extended Ranged Small Lasers split between the 'Mech's two arm actuators. All the 'Mech's energy weapons are tied into a Targeting Computer found in the center torso.
- Kodiak II 2
- The second variant of the Kodiak II is known for its resilience as well as its accurate weaponry. Introduced in the early 32nd Century, the Kodiak II 2 utilizes a number of advanced technologies which includes three torso mounted HarJel III Self-Repair Systems. Aside from inclusion of the new repair system, the version of the Kodiak II differs only slightly from the original. While retaining most of 'Mech weaponry and the Targeting Computer, the 'Mech's long-range weaponry are swapped out for pair of Streak LRM-20 launchers, while the 10-tubed launcher is dropped. BV(2.0)=3,147
The Kodiak II seems to have been created to link up the visual disparity between that seen in MechWarrior 4 and MechWarrior: Dark Age when compared to that of Classic Battletech. The design features a more "robotic” appearance (joints set at a permanent 90 degree angle, less rounded limb construction, etc). while retaining the aesthetic bear’s head cockpit and claw appendages.
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 51 & 115 Kodiak II - BV2
- MUL Profile for the Kodiak II - BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 471
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, p. 50 Kodiak II - Background
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 50-51 & 115 Kodiak II - Stats
- Technical Readout: 3145 The Clans, pp. 50 & 116 Kodiak II - variant information
- MUL Profile for the Kodiak II 2 - Includes BV2.
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 472
- First Strike, Of war and peace and cherry trees, part 1 p. 283