- This article is about the combat vehicle. For the SecurityMech, see Kruger (IndustrialMech).
|Kruger Combat Car|
|Manufacturer||Avalon Arms Company|
|Armor||ProtecTech Heavy Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||DAV 50 Fusion|
|Communications System||Broadstar Micro-Pulse|
|Targeting Tracking System||Broadstar Pintel-Star|
The modern Kruger Combat Car was a scout vehicle reintroduced in the Thirty-second century as an update of a much older vehicle. The modern Kruger was developed by the Avalon Arms Company on New Avalon and marketed initially to the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns in 3091. Updated to use advanced equipment and technologies, the Kruger became a popular reconnaissance vehicle for scout detachments operating in the spinward Inner Sphere as well as neighboring Periphery nations as far out as the Calderon Protectorate. The excellent communications systems and drive train allow the Kruger to operate effectively and retreat quickly as needed, and the weaponry aboard is capable of defending the Kruger or engaging in sniping, but the three and a half tons of ProtecTech Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor is a light enough protection scheme to ensure enthusiastic junior officers don't forget that their priority is to report information back, not engage in stand-up fights.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The modern Kruger mounts a pair of turret-mounted Bright-Bloom ER Medium Lasers for offensive punch; a DAV 50 Fusion engine powers the Kruger at speeds of up to one hundred and eighteen kilometers per hour, and the independent drive wheels allow the Kruger to operate effectively off-road. The Kruger employs a Broadstar Micro-Pulse communications system and a Broadstar Pintel-Star targeting and tracking system.
- the Star League-era original-pattern Kruger (introduced in 2620), differs from the more modern Avalon Arms Company product. The original lacked the Heavy Ferro-Fibrous armor of the later version, leading to lower levels of protection - predominantly on the sides, rear and turret. The original mounted standard pair Medium Lasers in place of the later ER Medium Lasers found in the turret. BV (2.0) = 336.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 10-11, "Kruger Combat Car"
- MUL online date for the Kruger
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 173
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 26-27 Background information about the Kruger Combat Car.
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 59, "Kruger Combat Car (Original)"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 174
- MUL online Profile for the Kruger (Original) - BV2 and Intro Date