|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Chariot Type E|
|Armor||Armorscale Ferro-Fibrous with CASE|
|Communications System||Dalban Comline|
|Targeting Tracking System||Standus 3 w/Artemis IV FCS|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The Kyudo was developed by Martinson Armaments early in the history of BattleMechs, having been unveiled in 2443. The Terran Hegemony purchased the design that was intended to support the Mackie, as it was cheaper than that 'Mech. The -02 is an upgrade that dates to 2625. Martinson was destroyed during the Amaris Civil War and the Kyudo faded into obscurity.
The 45-ton 'Mech tops out at 86 km/h. It is protected by eight tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor and has CASE to protect the MechWarrior in the event of an ammunition explosion. Ten double heat sinks make heat a secondary concern.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
As a support 'Mech, the Kyudo mounts a Conan/20 LRM-20 that is guided by an Artemis IV Fire Control System. This enables it to provide both direct and indirect fire support. To back it up, the Kyudo has a single Sorenstein ER Large Laser that is as effective in close as it is downrange.
- The earliest version of the Kyudo used the technology that was available at the time, but was primitive compared to the -02. It could only manage 64 km/h and had inferior armor protection that lacked CASE, despite carrying nine and half tons of it. It used a standard Large Laser and an LRM-10 that lacked advanced guidance. These two weapons built less heat, but the 'Mech only had twelve standard heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 748 This version of the Kyudo served with the Hegemony Armed Forces throughout the Reunification War. Gradually it was reassigned to various militia and reserve forces before being destroyed in the Amaris Civil War.
- The rediscovery of the Hegemony Memory Core led to the resurfacing of the Kyudo. Irian BattleMechs Unlimited upgraded a maintenance facility on the planet Lopez to be able to produce an upgraded variant of that 'Mech in 3079. The missile launcher is replaced with a pair of Artemis-guided MML-7s, though they only have two tons of ammunition. BV (2.0) = 1,167
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 179
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 59
- Master Unit List: Kyudo KY2-D-02
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 178
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 159
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 1, p. 4
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 160
- Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 60