Lewis Skimmer Bus
|Lewis Skimmer Bus|
|Manufacturer||S. L. Lewis Incorporated|
|Use|| Public Transit Vehicle|
Auxiliary Infantry Transport
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Hover (Large)|
|Power Plant||Electric (Fuel Cell)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||1,025 km|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 4|
|Crew||3 (86 Passengers)|
The Lewis Skimmer Bus is a large Hover civilian transport, which was introduced during the last decade of the Third Succession War by the S. L. Lewis Incorporated. The vehicle is designed to be multiple purpose passenger vehicle & cargo, with plains clothes police whom would assist in protecting it's cargo should it be valuable. The Skimmer came into fruition on heels of success of the company's Savannah Master hovercraft, with Skimmer Bus being first entry into the civilian market place.
The bus has been at times pressed into military service during the Third Succession War, with it most noted usage of being used as auxiliary infantry transport, ferrying troops to the front lines on Sevren, where APCs were in short supply.
Equipment and CapabilitiesEdit
The vehicle is built on a large chassis, which it can handle 18 tons of cargo (accessible from it's rear door) while ferrying 86 passengers to their destination. It is powered by a hydrogen fuel cell power plant, allowing to be clean and inexpensive alternative to air travel in some cases. The vehicle's hull is protected by 1.5 tons of Commercial Armor, which gives it modest protection for civilian use, however risky should it be use for military purposes.
- As of this writing, the Lewis Skimmer Bus has no record sheet nor battle value assigned to it.
- When first published in TRO: Vehicle Annex, two images of hover buses were presented in the picture with no description of which was the Routemaster and the Lewis Skimmer Bus. The image of the Skimmer Bus is what was officially posted on Catalyst Game Labs's official unit Listing site. Thus the official image what vehicle appears to be.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 54, "Routemaster Hover Shuttle / Lewis Skimmer Bus"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 64, "Routmaster Hover Shuttle/Lewis Skimmer Bus"
- MUL online date for the Lewis Skimmer Bus