|Unit Profile (as of 3064)|
|CO||Colonel Moses Longwood|
In 3064 the Bluecoats were attached to II Corps of the Taurian Concordat, but are no longer in the Concordat. The are currently serving in Capellan Confederation space, were there have been attempts to lure them into Liao service. 
Around this same time, a company of Bluecoats deserted the regiment after their captain was killed. They took the Bluecoat's Overlord DropShip with them when they left. During the late 3060's the unit faced off against multiple pirate and bandit raids. Though they repelled the attackers each time, the Bluecoats lost their few modern BattleMechs. At this same time, they were relying on the Trinity Alliance and an exchange program with the mercenary Lethal Injection unit to meet their support needs.
In late July 3075 the Bluecoats were subverted by Hansen's Roughriders, a mercenary unit in the employ of the Federated Suns and engaged in conducting heavy raids against Concordat worlds as part of a counteroffensive against the second invasion of the Federated Suns by the Concordat. This allowed the Roughriders to raze the factory complexes on Perdition before leaving the world. The Bluecoats' willingness to break contract and join with Hansen's Roughriders was later ascribed to disgust within the Bluecoats at the manner in which the Taurian Concordat had neglected them.
|Commanding Officers of Longwood's Bluecoats|
|Colonel||Moses Longwood||3059 - 3064|
The Bluecoats prefer urban combat and will go to great lengths to set up ambushes for hostile forces. This preference has led to some problems with open and swampy terrain. In urban settings the infantry are dispersed throughout the city to act as eyes and ears of the mech unit. In this way they can easily track the movement of hostile forces.
- CO: Colonel Felix Longwood 
Hadrian's Hell-Raisers (Veteran/Questionable) 
- CO: Major Gerald Hadrian
Monon's Marauders (Regular/Questionable) 
- CO: Major Herbert Morton
- CO: Colonel Moses Longwood
- Infantry Commander: Lieutenant-Colonel Reginald Heiss
- The Pikemen deployed chiefly as security, they have been used in urban combat unit trackers, and at times for riot control.
The Bluecoats operate their own DropShips, but have no JumpShip support. Even with Concordat techs, the staff can only maintain about 70% of the units needed maintenance. As part of the attempt to lure away the Bluecoats to the Federated Commonwealth, they were sold refit packages. As such the Bluecoats have 20% upgrade rating.
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 75, "Longwood's Bluecoats Unit Profile"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries Revised, p. 89
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 61.
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 17, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 54, "The Jihad In Review"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 120, "The Condemned"
- Periphery 1st Edition, p. 81
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, p. 112, "Mercenaries Deployment Table"