Pavise(Redirected from M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station)
|M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Thrust||Station Keeping Only|
|Crew/Passengers|| SDS Drone Control System |
100 Enlisted/Non-Rates Overseers
|Grav Decks||2 (450 meter diameter)|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||90/0|
|Heat Sinks||7,000 (Double Heat Sinks)|
The M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station was a SLDF robotic defense outpost created as part of First Lord Jonathan Cameron's plan to protect the Terran Hegemony. These were the largest drones ever created as part of the M-Series.
The Pavise was created as an automated space command outpost to maintain and coordinate a large fleet of SDS Robotic Drones within a star system. First deployed in 2720, the Pavise would typically be deployed to a star system's jump point or in orbit around an important world. Terra itself would have five of these battle stations protecting each of its jump points and other vital locations.
The station's robotic systems would be monitored by a small human crew and its habitable section could accommodate visitors. These stations also served as space traffic control stations and performed maintenance which the SDS could do itself.
Many of these stations fell under control of Stefan Amaris's occupation forces, posing a significant obstacle to General Aleksandr Kerensky's liberation of the Terran Hegemony. Designed to serve as the first and last line of defense for the Hegemony, these incredibly-tough battle stations forced the SLDF to resort to creative tactics in order to overcome their formidable defenses.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
Designed as a Command and Repair Yard for smaller SDS Drones, the Pavise Battle stations were equipped with a Naval Comm-Scanner Suite and an Autonomous Tactical Analysis Computer. These sensors and computer drone controls would allow a Pavise to control up to 300 drones at a time. The station's two ARTS Pressurized Repair Bays could repair and re-arm DropShip- and WarShip-sized SDS drones.
A Pavise's weapons layout was the equal of any typical heavy WarShip design of its era.
Each of the weapon arcs (Nose, FL/FR, AL/AR, Aft) had the following weapons layout:
- Capital weaponry: 4 Heavy Naval Gauss Rifles, 8 Heavy Naval PPCs, Class-35 Naval Autocannon (w/200 each), 12 Class-55 Naval Lasers, and AR-10 Launcher (100 Killer Whales, 100 White Sharks, and 100 Barracuda Capital Missiles).
- Conventional weaponry: 4 Gauss Rifles, 6 Particle Projector Cannons, 6 Extended-Ranged Large Lasers, 4 Artemis IV guided 20-Tubed Long-Range Missile Launchers, 4 LB 10-X Class Autocannons, 6 Large Pulse Lasers with 12 Medium Pulse Lasers, and 12 Small Pulse Lasers serving as point defense.
- Bay 1: Small Craft (10) - 1 Door
- Bay 2: ARTS Fighter Cubicles (144) - 21 Doors
- Bay 3: ARTS Pressurized Repair Bay (800,000 ton Capacity) - 1 Door
- Bay 4: Cargo (157,585 tons) - 2 Doors
- Bay 5: Cargo (50,000 tons) - 2 Doors
The Pavise required no crew as it was completely autonomous, being able to maintain both attending vessels and itself. The station's human crew oversaw the SDS computer network and maintenance. The SDS Drone Control System had a gunnery rating of 3 and a piloting rating of 4. The station's internal automated defenses provided 251 Marine Points to fend off boarding actions.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 173 & 181 M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station - BV & Introduction Date.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 172-173 M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station - Background.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 173 & 181-182 M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station - Stats and capacities.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 173 & 181-182 M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station - Weapons.
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, pp. 173 & 181-182 M-9 "Pavise" SDS Battle Station - Other abilities and equipment.