|Manufacturer||Albion MMA Complex|
Gorton, Kingsley & Thorpe Enterprises
|Chassis||Type SA-85O Light|
|Armor||Forging MD4 11-1/2 tons Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Consolidated 340 Fusion|
|Targeting Tracking System||Unknown|
|Heat Sinks||21 Double Heat Sinks|
Touted as one of the most effective 'Mechs of all time, the Marauder saw wide usage during the Star League era by all the Great Houses. The design was also much favored by both the Star League Defense Force's Regular and Royal units as well as its famed Gunslingers, with many examples taken on Operation EXODUS. The belief that the Marauder was a precursor to a new 'Mech design paradigm disappeared in the Inner Sphere as the Succession Wars dragged on; however, in the same year as the Second Succession War broke out the Clans developed an advanced refit of the venerable design later dubbed the Marauder IIC, utilizing technology already far in advance of that rapidly disappearing in the Successor States.
It is to the credit of its original engineers that no production variants of the Marauder IIC appeared until a wellspring of new technology emerged in the 3050s and '60s, with Clan Star Adder introducing a visually refreshed model carrying the then-newly developed Heavy Lasers that quickly spread to the Cloud Cobras, Goliath Scorpions, Snow Ravens, Blood Spirits and Diamond Sharks.  The efforts of the mercantile Sharks would result in the further spread of the design to the Inner Sphere-based Invading Clans, followed by Clans Jade Falcon and Ghost Bear introducing new Marauder IIC variants and constructing new production lines for them on Sudeten and Satalice respectively during the Word of Blake Jihad.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
As with the Warhammer IIC, the Marauder IIC is ten-tons heavier than its Inner Sphere progenitor, pushing it into the assault weight class, but otherwise the design matches the original's ground speed through the use of a 340-rated standard Fusion Engine. Though both designs carry eleven and half tons of armor, the Marauder IIC's use of more advanced Ferro-Fibrous plating gives it superior protection, with an Endo Steel frame freeing up weight. While structurally the Marauder IIC appears to offer little advantage over the LosTech refitted Marauders introduced by the Successor States, the blatant superiority of Clan weaponry allows the design to pound its opponents to pieces in short order.
Built around the Extended Range Particle Projector Cannon, one of the most powerful weapons in the Clan arsenal, the Marauder IIC's weapon layout is typical of the standard Marauder, each pod-like forearm carrying an ER PPC paired with Medium Pulse Lasers. Where the Marauder IIC differs is with its torso weaponry, replacing the top-mounted autocannon and its vulnerable ammunition-feed linkage with another ER PPC, and adding a set of four ER Small Lasers. Twenty-one double heat sinks keep heat levels manageable, with an enterprising MechWarrior able to use volley fire to keep up a steady barrage of fire.
- Marauder IIC 2
- In order to humiliate Clan Blood Spirit, Clan Star Adder upgraded their second-line forces and used them to retaliate against that Clan's interference in their Absorption of Clan Burrock. Part of this upgrade was the Marauder IIC 2. Adder scientists retained the Medium Pulse Lasers, but exchanged the PPCs and small lasers for two Series 4D-2 Heavy Large Lasers and a dorsal mounted Series XIV ER Large Laser. The result is a hard-hitting design that is most effective at close range. In order to help the 'Mech get to close range, it includes four Guld Mk. III jump jets that are capable of vaulting the 'Mech up to 120 meters in a single bound. Three extra heat sinks enable the firing of all the close-range weapons. The weight left over was used in the form of an additional ton of armor, bringing it to twelve-and-a-half tons, equivalent to fifteen tons of standard armor. BV (1.0) = 2,244 , BV (2.0) = 2,358
- Marauder IIC 3
- The IIC 3 is another variant created by Clan Star Adder, but they did not hoard this one all for themselves. Similar to the original with an ER PPC in each arm and two ER Small Lasers in the center torso, it also includes a left-torso-mounted ATM 12. Three tons of ammunition allow flexibility in ammo selection and two additional double heat sinks make it perfectly heat-efficient. . BV (1.0) = 2,271 , BV (2.0) = 2,445
- Marauder IIC 4
- Developed by Gorton, Kingsley & Thorpe Enterprises in 3070 to fill the Ghost Bear touman's appetite for the Marauder IIC after a shadow trade war with the Diamond Sharks cut off supply, this variant mounts two of the largest weapon now available to the Clans, the HAG 40, in its arms. Ten tons of ammunition supply these mammoth guns, while fifteen tons of armor protect the 'Mech. The inclusion of the HAGs only allowed for three jump jets to be added, meaning that the IIC 4 can leap up to 90 meters. Even with only 10 double heat sinks, the IIC 4 has no heat concerns.   BV (2.0) = 3,447
- Marauder IIC 5
- Manufactured by the Jade Falcons from 3077 onward on a Sudeten-based production line adjacent to that of the Turkina, the IIC 5 is similar to the original, its arms carrying paired Type DDS "Kingston" ER PPCs for anti-'Mech duty but with underslung Tau-II AP Gauss Rifles to keep infantry at bay. Reminiscent of Star League Marauders GM Whirlwind, a HAG 20 sits in the dorsal assembly along with two tons of ammunition. The IIC 5 maintains the 11.5 tons of ferro fibrous armor used for the original, though some is shifted from the arms and side torsos to the legs and center torso. Nineteen double heat sinks keep the 'Mech's heat levels totally under control.  BV (2.0) = 2,386
- Marauder IIC 6
- Another Jade Falcon built variation first appearing in 3081, the arms of this version feature a Gauss Rifle in its right and an LB 10-X AC in its left, supported by a pair of ER Medium Lasers and a dorsal-mounted Heavy Large Laser. Its loadout made possible by an XL Engine, the Marauder IIC 6 also mounts six Improved Jump Jets, which provide an interesting surprise for the largely Clan Wolf forces that face it. Thirteen tons of standard armor provide protection.  BV (2.0) = 2,646
- Marauder IIC 7
- Developed following the poor staying power of the Marauder IIC 4 and inspired by the Viking, this Gorton, Kingsley, and Thorpe-produced variant of the Marauder IIC was introduced in 3081 and uses a Targeting Computer to guide a HAG 30, Gauss Rifle, Large Pulse and ER Small Lasers. A Streak SRM-4 mounted in each arm keeps battle armor at bay. An ECM Suite jams enemy targeting systems. To make room for all the weaponry a smaller 255-rated XL engine is used, dropping the top speed of the 'Mech to about 55 km/h. Sixteen and one half tons of standard armor provide the maximum amount of protection that the chassis can carry. BV (2.0) = 2,843 
- Marauder IIC 8
- Introduced back in 3025 but unknown to Inner Sphere intelligence forces until the Jihad era, this older version replaces the ER PPC found in the left arm with the Medium Pulse Laser from the right arm. An LRM-10 with a ton of ammunition is added to the left torso and the ER Small Lasers in the center and right torsos are replaced with a single Medium Pulse Laser in each. BV (2.0) = 2,554
These variants were introduced in MechWarrior Online, and thus far have not appeared in any canonical media.
- In many respects mirroring the load-out of the MAD-5D Marauder, the B variant utilizes an 340-rated XL Engine to free up the weight to carry a Streak SRM-2 launcher in the left-torso, supported with three tons of reloads, while swapping the torso-mounted ER PPC for a Large Pulse Laser, retaining the arm-mounted ER PPC and Medium Pulse Laser pods unchanged. Much like the MAD-5D, four jump jets enhance its mobility with the remaining weight devoted to sixteen tons of standard armor and twenty-four double heat sinks.
- Somewhat of a refined Clan interpretation of the MAD-5M Marauder, the C variant carries an 340-rated XL Engine to free up the weight to carry three Large Pulse Lasers - two in the left arm, one in the right, supported by one arm-mounted Medium Pulse Laser in each arm and right torso-mounted LB 10-X Autocannon supplied with two tons of reloads. Mounting only nineteen double heat sinks, a shell of thirteen tons Ferro-Fibrous armor protect the MAD-IIC-C while four jump jets give it improved agility on the battlefield.
- Seemingly inspired by the Marauder IIC 7, the somewhat slower D variant is built around a 255-rated XL Engine, carrying Gauss Rifle and Streak SRM-4 launcher in each arm, supported by a head-mounted ER Small Laser and right torso-mounted Large Pulse Laser. The maximum amount of standard armor its Endo Steel frame can carry, a Targeting Computer and an ECM Suite ensure the MAC-IIC-D has every opportunity to use every one of its five tons of Gauss rounds and two of Streak reloads.
- A customized variant of the Marauder IIC, the Scorch mounts a Large Pulse Laser and Ultra AC/5 in each arm supported by four Streak SRM-6 launchers split between each side torso. Twelve tons of Ferro-Fibrous armor protect Scorch and the two-tons each of Streak and Ultra Autocannon ammo and fifteen double heat-sinks it carries.
Marauder - Ten tons lighter, the Marauder was one of the mechs the Star League Defense Force would take with them to Exodus Fleet. When the SDLF-in-exile became the Clans, they would upgrade the mech with clan-technology and increase its tonnage to assault status, making this a deadly design widespread within the Clan Toumans.
MechWarrior Online art of the Marauder IIC
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 284-285 "Project Phoenix - Clan 'Mech - Marauder IIC 7"
- MUL online date for the Marauder IIC
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 281
- Technical Readout: 3055, pp. 110-111 "Clan 'Mechs - Inner Sphere Refits - Marauder IIC"
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, pp. 72-73 "Marauder IIC 2"
- Record Sheets: 3067, p.223
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 282
- Record Sheets: 3067, p.224
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 283
- BattleCorps Marauder IIC 4 Milspec Article
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 284
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 285
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 286
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix, p. 189
- MechWarrior Online - Marauder IIC Sale Page
- BattleCorps Marauder IIC 5 Milspec Article
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- MechWarrior Online - Marauder IIC Sale Page
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3067
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Project Phoenix
- Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3085
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix
- Total Warfare Style Record Sheets: Phoenix Upgrades