This article is about the BattleMech. For the military rank, see Marshal (rank).
|Manufacturer||Detroit Consolidated MechWorks,|
Taurus Territorial Industries
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Armor||Durallex Medium Ferro-Fibrous|
|Communications System||Neil 9000-A|
|Targeting Tracking System||Octagon Tartrac System C|
|Jump Jets||Rawlings 55|
When the Treaty of Taurus was signed, it established the New Colony Region in co-operation between the Magistracy of Canopus and the Taurian Concordat and also created the Colonial Marshals to police this area and protect its citizens. Even with the spirit of cooperation, the most that could be provided to the Colonial Marshals were older BattleMechs in various states of disrepair. To remedy the problem, Taurus Territorial Industries was commissioned by Protector Jeffrey Calderon to build the Marshal, which would see service in both the Colonial Marshals and the Taurian Defense Force. 
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Marshal uses a standard internal structure and a standard Magna 220 fusion engine that gives the Marshal a top speed of 64.8 km/h while also giving the 'Mech a great deal of survivability. The Marshal's mobility is augmented with four Rawlings 55 jump jets that let it jump up to one hundred and twenty meters. For protection, the Marshal carries ten tons of Durallex Medium Ferro-Fibrous armor, giving it nearly the maximum amount of protection possible though some critics have complained about the difficulty in replacing such advanced armor in the field. 
With an eye towards long isolated deployments the Marshal carries a weapons mix of mostly energy weapons. The only ammunition dependent weapons carried are two Sperry Browning Machine Guns for crowd control and anti-infantry combat and a Delta Dart LRM-5 launcher to give it some long-range firepower. The 'Mech primarily depends on its Sunglow Type 2 Large Laser for long-range firepower and a Diverse Optics Type 27 Medium Pulse Laser and a Diverse Optics Type 18 Medium Laser for short-range combat. Finally, for clearing woods and also useful as an anti-infantry weapon, the Marshal has a Hotshot Flamer.
- By switching to double heat sinks, the 2L model of the Marshal is able to upgrade the LRM-5 launcher to a much more powerful LRM-15 launcher, tripling the damage capability of the Marshals long range missile launcher and greatly increasing the Marshals combat effectiveness. BV (1.0) = 1,169, BV (2.0) = 1,313
- This is a Magistracy of Canopus variant of the Marshal, that was developed during the Jihad. This model saw introduction of a Light Fusion Engine, and some modern weaponry to the Marshal's arsenal. Right Torso's Medium Pulse Laser is retained, while a Light PPC, Plasma Rifle, and a MML-9 is introduced for ranged attacks. For dedicated anti-infantry work, the Machine Guns are exchanged for pair of Light Machine Guns in a Machine Gun Array. BV (2.0) = 1,467
- A variant developed by the Colonial Marshals during the Fronc Reaches era, the 6FR mounts a Snub-Nose PPC in the right arm in support of three Medium X-Pulse Lasers in the left torso, rounded out by a head-mounted Flamer. Built around a 220 rated Light Fusion Engine and clad in standard armor plate, the 6FR is fitted with Double Heat Sinks and Improved Jump Jets to give it greater longevity and mobility during battle.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 100-101, "Marshal 'Mech Profile"
- MUL online date for the Marshal
- Combat Operations, p. 122
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 158
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 144
- The Periphery, Second Edition, p. 104 "Rules MHL-1X Marshal"
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 145
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 146
- Operation Turning Points: Fronc Reaches, p. 40 "Marshal MHL-6FR"