As of 3025, Matabushi Incorporated was already the most prosperous and technologically advanced corporation in the Draconis Combine, with first bid on any contracts and first civilian access to any new technology captured.
In the mid-3050s, the company expanded into the military market, building DropShips for the Draconis Combine Admiralty. Prior to that, Matabushi was best known on Pesht, where it produced computers and electronics for the civilian market. The Pesht office also served as a center for interstellar trade and finance.
During the long Jihad, the facility on Avon suffered capital and personnel losses of 35%, and the operating capacity of the factory had been reduced to 80% of their main production volume in 3079, but the plant was quickly restored to full production.
Division Name: Matabushi National Service
- Division Head: Marquis Norimoto Tahiro
- Chief Products: Advanced Electronics and Computer
- Division Head: Marquis Tonomahi Tahiro
- Chief Products: Defense computers and Tracking equipment
Divison Name: Matabushi Artificial Workforce 
- Divison Head: Marquis Yasu Hanagata
- Chief Products: Robotics
Divison Name: Matabushi Finance
- Divison Head: Marquis Nagate Tahiro
- Chief Products: Banking and Investment
Division Name: Matabushi Trade
- Divison Head: Marquis Tanji Koetsu
- Chief Products: Sipping and Trading
The Matabushi National Service division was the closest to being a defense contractor that any civilian Combine corporation. The company produces guidance and tracking sensor systems and manufactures other computerized equipment that might have applications in civilian transportation. In the Draconis Combine though, any equipment is subject to military requisition as only a token minimum goes for civilian use.
Matabushi Computing Equipment is also subject to military requisition, but for them there was more equipment available for civilian use as most of the products were for the benefit of other corporations serving the Combine.
Matabushi Finance is the only sizable private finance firm in the Kurita sphere as most banks are government-run. One of the company's major functions is to change House Bills liberated from other Successor States into useful currency, usually C-Bills.
Matabushi Trade started as a sideline to Matabushi Finance as a way to launder money throughout settled space. Most of the company's dealings are with the Bandit Kings in the shadowy world of the Periphery. The division though also operates in every Successor State.
Matabushi Incorporated has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Avon:|
|Interplanetary Drive - Dropships|
|Star League V250||Union|
|Star League V450||Overlord|
Matabushi Incorporated appeared in the first MechWarrior video game, though it should be noted that the canonicity of that game is uncertain. In the game, Duke Ishi Tahiro and Marquis Tanji Koetsu, both Chief Executive Officers, were in charge between 3024 and 3029, during Operation Inroad and its aftermath.
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 161 (pdf), "Matabushi Incorporated Profile"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 3
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 24
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 89, "Pesht Military District"
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 159 "Matabushi Incorporated"
- Objective Raids, p. 63, "On-site Defending Units"
- Objective Raids, p. 63, "Produced Matabushi Incorporated Components on Avon"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 7, "Matabushi Incorporated Profile"
- Objectives: The Clans, p. 25, "Matabushi Incorporated"
- Dropships and Jumpships, p.17