MechWarrior (video games)
- This article is about the video game series. For other uses, see MechWarrior (disambiguation).
MechWarrior is a series of video games in the BattleTech universe. Unlike MechCommander or the BattleTech video game which offer real time or turn-based control over BattleMechs, the core MechWarrior games tend to place the player in control of a single 'Mech, most often in a simulation sense with the player the cockpit.
The MechWarrior games are among the most notable and popular spin-off media from the BattleTech table top game with both MechWarrior 2 and MechWarrior 3 Origins Award winners, taking Best Fantasy or Science Fiction Computer Game 1995 and Best Action Computer Game 1999 respectively.
- MechWarrior - 1989, Dynamix/Activision - DOS, Macintosh, Sharp X68000, NEC PC-9801
- MechWarrior (SNES) - 1993, Beam Software/Activision - Super Nintendo- a heavily altered SNES port of the aforementioned MechWarrior PC game, effectively a separate game
- MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat & Ghost Bear's Legacy expansion pack - 1995, Activision - DOS, Windows, Macintosh, Sega Saturn, PlayStation
- MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries - 1996, Activision - DOS, Windows, Macintosh
- MechWarrior 3050 - 1995, Tiburon Entertainment/Activision - Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis
- MechWarrior 3 & Pirate's Moon expansion pack - 1999, Zipper Interactive/MicroProse - Windows
- MechWarrior 4: Vengeance & Black Knight expansion pack - 2000/2001, FASA Interactive/Cyberlore Studios/Microsoft - Windows
- MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries - 2002, Cyberlore Studios/Microsoft - Windows
- MechWarrior: Living Legends (unofficial fan product) - 2009, Wandering Samurai Studios (until 2013; community-supported since then) - Windows
- MechWarrior Tactical Command - 2012, Personae Studios - iOS
- MechWarrior Online - 2013, Piranha Games/Infinite Game Publishing - Windows
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries - 2019, Piranha Games - Windows