The Medusans(Redirected from Medusans)
|Unit Profile (as of 3075)|
|CO||Rear Admiral Henry H. Harwood|
In 3068 the Hydra squadron discover by an inspection of Taurian convoys nuclear warheads and lots of ammunition. The blockade of the Pleiades continued until 3069. The command were ordered back to New Syrtis to counter any Capellan attack. In a naval battle above the planet they were able to destroy two Union-class Dropships, a Leopard and a Triumph. During that action the mercenaries lost the Intruder-class Ambuscade.
In 3075, the Medusans had two Excalibur-class Pocket WarShips. Though they had taken extensive damage over New Syrtis during Operation: Thunderstrike, by 3079 the Medusans had nearly rebuilt their entire force. The Medusans split their forces, with one squadron covering New Syrtis while the other guarded Firgrove and its repair yard. In addition, the AFFS High Command requested that their senior command staff serve as instructors at the Albion Military Academy.
|Commanding Officers of Hydra Assault Squadron|
|Rear Admiral||Henry H. Harwood||3067|
|Commanding Officers of Basilisk Assault Squadron|
|Rear Admiral||David Beatty||3067|
Hydra Assault SquadronEdit
- 1st Div: Two Fortress-class DropShips, Ajax and Cumberland
- XO/1st Div: Commodore Patricia Woodhouse
- 2nd Div: Two Intruder-class DropShips, Exeter and Ambuscade
- 2nd Div: Captain Isabella Parry
- 3rd Div: Two DropShips, the Achilles II (Achilles-class) and Petard (Kuan Ti-class)
- 3rd Div: Captain Jonathan "Hooky" Bell
- 1 wing of medium aerospace fighters serving as interceptors and space combat
- marine forces for the Hydra Assault Squadron, for boarding parties or LZ security, is a light raiding force with APC support (1 company) and one Fortress-class DropShip
- Gargoyle BattleMech Battalion (2 Companies/Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Lieutenant Colonel Kenny White
- A mix of jump-capable medium and light BattleMechs, two Fortress-class DropShips for support and LZ security, trained for Zero-G and vacuum operations.
Basilisk Assault SquadronEdit
- Basilisk Assault Squadron (1 Reinforced Squadron/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Rear Admiral David Beatty
- 1st Div: One Excalibur-class (assault vessel) DropShip, Bellerophon, and one Fortress-class DropShip, Marksman
- XO/1st Div: Commodore Trevylyan Naper
- 2nd Div: Three Avenger-class DropShips, Acasta, Active, and Agincourt
- 2nd Div: Robert Arbuthnott
- 3rd Div: Two DropShips: Fearless (Intruder-class) and Tiger (Leopard CV-class)
- 3rd Div: Captain Hugh Evan-Thomas
- Gryphon Fighter Wing (1 Wing/Veteran/Reliable)
- Wing Commander: Major Lee "Big Wing" Mallory
- The Gryphon Fighter Wing uses heavy fighters for brute force and light fighters for reconnaissance.
- Manticore Marine Battalion (1 Battalion/Veteran/Reliable
- Infantry Commander: Lieutenant Colonel Victor Ekenberg
- The marines use assault shuttles and will deploy battle armor in the near future when possible.
- Chimera BattleMech Company (1 Company/Veteran/Reliable)
- CO: Major Ezekiel Hazard
- The light/medium jump-capable 'Mechs travel aboard the Marksman.
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 120
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 112
- Field Report: AFFS, p. 20
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 198
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 185. "Admiral Patricia Woodhouse commands the Republic Navy."
- Mercenaries Supplemental II, pp. 50-51
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 90