|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Engine||PlasmaStar 375 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T23-A|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D5j|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
The Mortis was designed by the branches of StarCorps Industries in the Capellan Confederation and the Free Worlds League. A fast heavy 'Mech, the Mortis has thirteen tons of armor, a jump radius of 150 meters, and a top speed of 86km/h. With design assistance from MechWarriors of McCarron's Armored Cavalry, the Mortis has relatively few weapons, but when it gets into close range it is a deadly combatant. With so few weapons, the Mortis only needs eleven double heat sinks.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Mortis places its main weaponry in the arms. The five ton Hatchet carried in the right arm is excellent for delivering a crushing blow in physical combat, while the Heavy PPC in the left arm is useful for punching holes in an opponent's armor. To improve targeting, the Mortis has an Actuator Enhancement System in each arm. These systems result in a more stable firing platform. With such weaponry, the Mortis is typically used by the CCAF to engage fortified targets or embark on headhunter missions.
To harass enemy forces while closing to the short range preferred by Mortis pilots, the right torso carries a single MML-5 with a two ton magazine. To provide a little more firepower, the center torso boasts a Rocket Launcher 10. This can be used to provide more firepower in a close up strike or to engage at long range.
- This variant is exclusively used by the CCAF. The Heavy PPC, MML-5, and one heat sink are removed. In their place is a Large Variable Speed Pulse Laser in the right arm and a TSEMP cannon in the torso. Armor protection, movement profile, and the rest of the equipment are unchanged from the MS-1A. BV (2.0) = 2,262
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 42
- online date for the Mortis
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 43
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 99
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 90
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 100