|Chassis||Alshain Class 101a|
|Armor||Durallex Heavy Special with CASE|
|Communications System||Garret T19-G w/C3 Computer|
|Targeting Tracking System||Cat's Eyes 5 w/Artemis IV System|
|Heat Sinks||15 Double Heat Sinks|
The Naginata is designed as a command and fire support 'Mech that carries a C3 Master Computer. The 'Mech is built using a massive Pitban 285 fusion engine, giving it a top speed of 54 kph. The Naginata makes use of double heat sink technology for its added heat dissipation capabilities to handle the waste heat that is produced by the 'Mech's massive arsenal. For protection, the Naginata carries fifteen tons of armor and includes CASE to protect against an ammunition explosion. The mix of heavy armor, CASE, and a standard engine make the Naginata a zombie of a 'Mech that can take a tremendous amount of damage.
Weapons and EquipmentEdit
The Naginata serves in the dual role of command and fire support 'Mech. The C3 Master Computer allows the 'Mech to share the targeting data of its lance mates and to take advantage of their targeting information, making the three Coventry Star Fire LRM-15s with Artemis IV fire control systems and the Lord's Light 2 ER PPC extremely accurate. The Artemis IV fire control system gives the 'Mech increased missile accuracy.
- A variant built for greater mobility, the C3C is based on the C3A variant. The 'Mech removes two tons of LRM ammunition and the C3 Master Computer and replaces it with a C3 Slave unit. The 'Mech uses the saved weight to add three jump jets allowing the Naginata to jump up to 90 meters. BV (1.0) = 1,962 BV (2.0) = 2,131
- MUL online date for the Naginata
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 120
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 191
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 120
- MUL Profile of Naginata - Includes BV2, Introduction year, and Alpha Strike Data Card.
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 121
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 122
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 78