Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
New Olympia nearby systems (3151)
|X:Y Coordinates||-150.168 : -130.286[e]|
|Recharge time||182 hours|
Planetary flag of New Olympia
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||35°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||Plant|
|Founding||3025 - 3067|
|Ruler|| Prince Felix D'Andre|
Earl Hagar Kefalczyk
|Population|| 2,540,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||A (Precentor Blake Bock)|
- 2196 - Terran Alliance 
- 2270 - Marik Commonwealth 
- 2271 - Free Worlds League 
- 2571 - Free Worlds League 
- 2596 - Free Worlds League 
- 2750 - Free Worlds League 
- 2765 - Free Worlds League 
- 2786 - Free Worlds League 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3040 - Free Worlds League 
- 3050 - Free Worlds League 
- 3052 - Free Worlds League 
- 3057 - Free Worlds League 
- 3058 - Free Worlds League 
- 3063 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3075 - Free Worlds League] 
- 3079 - Free Worlds League 
- 3081 - Marik Commonwealth 
- 3085 - Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 
- 3130 - Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 
- 3135 - Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 
- 3145 - Wolf Empire 
New Olympia is the third planet in the New Olympia star system and is located in the heart of the Free Worlds League. New Olympia is divided between an independent republic and the Marik Commonwealth. The planet is home to both the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School and the Allison MechWarrior Institute.
New Olympia was discovered and settled in the 22nd century. Different waves of settlers clashed over access to resources, forcing the Terran Alliance to intervene military twice, in 2196 and 2220. When the Terran Alliance fell, the residents of New Olympia formed three different nations, Kasnov, New Greenland, and Olympica. These three republics fought as soon as they were formed. Alonzo Marik extended an offer to the nations of New Olympia to join his Marik Commonwealth. In 2265, Kasnov and New Greenland accepted the offer, but Olympica rejected it. Military efforts to force Olympica into the republic failed thanks to intervention from the Principality of Regulus. The Mariks recognized Olympica as an independent state.
Following their entry into the Marik nation, Kasnov and New Greenland merged into the Republic of Kasnov-Greenland. Olympica is formally known as the Independent Principality of Olympica.
Star League EraEdit
In 2764 the Star League Defense Force Sixty-sixth Infantry Division was stationed on New Olympia. As tensions between the two governments that ruled the planet began spilling out onto the streets Captain-General Kenyon Marik deployed the Third Marik Militia to the planet on a peacekeeping mission. The Sixty-sixth was ordered to remain on normal duties by the SLDF chain of command, which viewed the situation as a matter internal to the Free Worlds League. After the Third took casualties during the course of their mission a battalion from the Third lashed out at the Sixty-sixth, apparently out of frustration and resentment over the SLDF remaining inactive during events such as the destructive Marik Civil War. The battalion from the Third attacked a patrol from the Sixty-sixth, prompting the Sixty-sixth to retaliate. The Sixty-sixth nearly destroyed the Third, while Kenyon Marik subsequently claimed that the battalion had gone rogue and had been ignoring orders from the Colonel in command of the regiment. The SLDF Intelligence Command believed that the attack may have been an effort by Kenyon Marik to find a way of waging a covert war against the SLDF.
New Olympia's other small continent is New Greenland. This continent and most of the islands comprise Kasnov-Greenland. New Greenland is home to the tall mountains known as the "Garden of the Gods". This mountainous region is where the Lloyd Marik-Stanley Aerospace School is located.
New Olympia has long been a major exporter of foodstuffs. It was home to large agri-domes, but few remained after the Succession Wars. Nonetheless, New Olympia is home to many species of consumable fish, including tuna and bass. New Olympia also has a thriving sport fishing industry, with marlin imported from Terra and the native Hodson Flyers.
Olympica Province became a wealthy vacation getaway because of its proximity to the heart of the Free Worlds League and its independent status that kept it outside of the Marik Commonwealth's tax code. Though League officials tried to close the loopholes, Olympica officials were able to argue that the Addendum to the Incorporation allowed them to retain their status as a tax haven.
The "Garden of the Gods" has a thriving tourism industry as well. Many visitors travel there for the winter sports the mountains provide, as well as spa that are located in the region.
| Closest 40 systems (37 within 60 light-years)|
Distance in light years, closest systems first:
|Regulus||49.8||Asellus Borealis||51.0||Midkiff||51.7||Asellus Australis||52.8|
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 154, "New Olympia"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 60, "New Olympia"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 13, "Marik Commonwealth world within the Free Worlds League befor  and after at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 24, "Free Worlds League after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War  Map"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 42, "Free Worlds League after Third Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 51, "Free Worlds League after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 24, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 54, "Free Worlds League after Operation Guerrero  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: FWLM, p. 17, "FWLM Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere - 3135"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 4-5, "Goals of the State"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 148, "Creatures"
- Field Report 2765: FWLM, p. 9, "Atrean Dragoons"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- 20 Year Update, p. 71 - "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 91, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- A Bonfire of Worlds, Ch. 2
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 171, "Clan Force Deployments - Wolf Empire"
- 20 Year Update
- A Bonfire of Worlds (novel)
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Report: FWLM
- Field Report 2765: FWLM
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Marik
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130